If you won the Lotto, what system would you buy? audio only/ not cinema

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hello,

I think i buy a Accuphase dp 500 cd player with

Accuphase pre-power amplifier. loudspeakers what delivers

a deep strong sound stage. Maybe also a DAC from Krell

what gives the sound more reality. The cables are not important

anymore because Accuphase eats everything and with that i

mean everything.

By the way--can you recommend me some loudspeakers what

delivers a deep strong sound stage.

Sincerely

Patrick

Email address: patrick.name@gmail.com

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
One day...

hifi.jpg

A

Anonymous

-J.A. Michell Technodeck
-Koetsu Jade Cart
-PMC EB1i
-Akurate CDP
-Klimax Control Pre
-Graham Slee Revelation Phono
-2x Klimax 500 Solo to Drive low end
-2x Klimax Chakra to drive mid and high.
-Akurate Tuner

did I miss anything?

Messiah

I saw some EB1's yesterday and boy are they a size. Nowhere near as big as PMC's flagship but big nonetheless! I could stick them in my front room and..................well, that would be it!

A

Anonymous

Messiah:I saw some EB1's yesterday and boy are they a size. Nowhere near as big as PMC's flagship but big nonetheless! I could stick them in my front room and..................well, that would be it!
They'd double as an object large enough to hide behind when my wife came in. ....rolling pin.

A

Anonymous

A detached house in the countryside with a really really big living room with high ceilings and sliding doors into the garden so the cinema and hi-fi could flow into the garden in summer.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I'd convert one of the barns into a small studio/venue and helicopter in the bands I wanted to listen to.

For recorded music I'd have to go have a good listen to some kinky stuff. Whilst I was deciding I'd get a bunch of Naims and replace my Acoustic Energy AE1 mk2 for Mk3's. Once I'd got the real system I'd put the Naim AE system in the bedroom.

T

the record spot

I'd wait for the HD flat earth society to vacate the room, then enjoy the benefits of a stunning vinyl replay system to come out of the speakers at home instead......(ooh contentious)!

A

Anonymous

I'd be keen to hear the new Steinway Lyngdorf Model D to match the new piano I would buy
emotion-1.gif

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
i would buy a hifi shop and tinker all day long in the listening room

it would have to be located next to a nice tea shop though so i could have a nice cuppa....and a book shop so i could have a nice read...

actually i would want to own all 3 ....

A

Anonymous

timwileman:i would buy a hifi shop and tinker all day long in the listening room

it would have to be located next to a nice tea shop though so i could have a nice cuppa....and a book shop so i could have a nice read...

actually i would want to own all 3 ....

Tim that is without doubt the most idyllic dream from all of us dreamers!

A

Anonymous

that's really a very nice post :)

for me, I'd like a plinius setup (cd, pre and power) with dynaudio confidence c4 speakers. then I'd spend the other half on the room/house - high ceiling and nice interior decor and nice sofa for me and my wife.

A

Anonymous

I would offer a few other forum members a two week tour with myself to all of the best Hi-Fi stores in the world, by private jet of course. Finding the most desirable pieces of kit for each member and a system for myself based on everyone's collaborative wisdom.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Brisk:I would offer a few other forum members a two week tour with myself to all of the best Hi-Fi stores in the world, by private jet of course. Finding the most desirable pieces of kit for each member and a system for myself based on everyone's collaborative wisdom.

Can I come?

:)

I want a pair of 801Ds. I'd be happy with the Plinius pre/power & CD and some decent cables....Not much really.

A

Anonymous

B&W Nautilus (the shell one of course), would want to hear them though!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:I'd wait for the HD flat earth society to vacate the room, then enjoy the benefits of a stunning vinyl replay system to come out of the speakers at home instead......(ooh contentious)!
Hear, hear! I'd be trying all manner of valve amps and vinyl sources. Of course the big house in the Lakes National Park would be a key part. The Wilson Benesch Arc and Torus would be the speakers to match I suspect.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I would go back in time (to the 80's) and buy the next step upgrade that I could not afford at the time like instead the Akai HX3 I would have gone for the Akai GX-6 as the GX heads were better and I would have purchased one of those Aiwa £300 Cassette Decks but kept it in its box for maximum valuation. But mainly I would set a Hifi Musuem with the likes of Leak, Sansui and Fisher even Amstrad so that people can hear the difference of Manufacturers that have disappeared to how NAD and Rotel have evolved over the years. What were those hexagonal speakers from Tannoy? You cannot beat a bit of nostalgia. Unfortunately my Musuem would be set at the budget and mid range appliances as this was where the true battle took place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts