If you had a HiFi shop....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
"Baber,I known many High end dealers who wouldn't deal with him no matter how much money can be make from his products. I had 2 or 3 conversations with him before and while he wasn't come across rude, still I felt uncomforthable while asking questions, may be his nick name "Hifi Gangster" have something to do with it."

"So NO! I never 'personally' have any bad experience with AudioFreaks but I have heard many stories in dealers circle that enough for me to stay away from dealing direct with him (as much as I love to own Karan KPA S450 one day) You can't knock his company for importing awesome products such as...Avalon, Karan, Cardas, Zanden to name but a few, all are highly respected name in Highend Hifi. I just rather believe my friends and stay away...personally."

Hi Thaiman,

I appreciate the feedback chap.After hearing how great the Nagra-CDP,Spectral DMC-15SS,DMA-250 with the Peak Consult sounded(& also knowing how pleased my mate Chas is with his Isis'),i've been considering going up a level with both pre-amp.(Spectral DMC-30SS) & speakers(Avalon or Peak Consult).Hopefully,auditioning them sometime after the new year.

But,from what you & your friends say,i should be a little wary about dealing with Audiofreaks.It's a shame really,as you said,they do stock some great products.But,at the end of the day,your not simplying paying for the boxes alone but,for service back-up too.

Perhaps,i'd be better off sticking with the Peak Consult's,as i've never encountered any bad comments regarding their UK distributors,R.T. services.

Cheers Thaiman.

BABUR.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Babur72:

.After hearing how great the Nagra-CDP,Spectral DMC-15SS,DMA-250 with the Peak Consult sounded.

Where did you hear the set up? Reading by any chance?

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:Babur72:

.After hearing how great the Nagra-CDP,Spectral DMC-15SS,DMA-250 with the Peak Consult sounded.

Where did you hear the set up? Reading by any chance?

Hi Thaiman,

Yep...You got it one mate.

Steve Harper at Audio Consultants.He's a mine of Hi-Fi information.Certainly impressed me with his accomodating & attentive approach.

BABUR.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Ashley James:It sounds like a case of wanting to make a small fortune by starting with a big one! These are all products that sell in tiny quantities to a tiny group of traditional audiophiles and it would be virtually impossible to earn a living from selling them. You have to remember that there is only a point in owning or running a shop if people walking past it are likely to see anything they want. I recommend a limitless advertising budget and turning over the front room! But I wouldn't give up the day job. Ash

Yeah, couldn't agree more (as regards the thread in general).

I worked in retail buying for a while and the golden rule is you don't buy what you like, you buy what other people will. I guess some people are just listing what they'd like to sell though, rather than what they think would make them money, and that's fair enough
emotion-1.gif

My 10:

1- Is it a bit cheeky to use Armour as a brand? I know they're a distributor, but still..
emotion-1.gif

2- Arcam

3- Cyrus

4- Roksan

5- Mordaunt Short

6- Monitor Audio

7- Sony

8- Denon

9- B&W

10- Atlas

Would need more than that, but they're the ones I'd get in first.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
timwileman:matsui bush alba :)

Good one Tim...LoL's!

I'm beginning to wish i weren't so hard to please.

That way i'd be content with the products of the 3 manufacturers you listed,have done with it & not worry about wasting half of the profits from selling my flat!

More fool me,'ey?

BABUR.

TRENDING THREADS