If you could only listen to one artist, who would it be?

• Thread starter BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW
  • Start date
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would you choose?

You can listen to all of their musical output, so work as a band member, collaborative work, and solo work is included.

jjbomber

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would you choose?

You can listen to all of their musical output, so work as a band member, collaborative work, and solo work is included.

Ronnie James Dio. Rainbow Rising, Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell with Dio's Holy Diver. I have about 1,000 Cds from his career, so probably could spend the rest of my life listening to him.

We'll see how long your question lasts but my guess is it won't make it through the night!

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Queen, inc all solo projects, ie Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Talor, The Cross

...but not the recent stuff with Paul Rogers or Adam Lambert, not really Queen is it.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

134252-004-64C2151C.jpg

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

L.Cohen , I assume I can include covers of his songs ?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

cheeseboy said:
james jamerson :) one of the best bass players ever period and worked on so so many great tracks.

A session musician. Try again. *blum3*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

chrisr1718 said:
Queen, inc all solo projects, ie Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Talor, The Cross

...but not the recent stuff with Paul Rogers or Adam Lambert, not really Queen is it.

Surely not being Queen is a major plus point. *blum3*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Diamond Joe said:
Oh that's easy, Marillion, they just get better and better, hoping to see them live again this year, if I can.

And you can have Fish solo stuff, The Europeans stuff, and Hogarth's collaborations too (if you want.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

richardw42 said:
I listen to some bands / singers more, but for me no contest.

PJ HARVEY

I'm hoping to see her in the summer, which will be the first time in over 20 years. Last time was at ULU London, where I managed to get into her dressing room to say hello. I still have the "PJ Harvey" sign from the dressing room door. *smile*

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
She's brilliant.

New album out this year so I'm keeping a lookout for tour dates. Bit of a faff for me, but I bet going down to her recording sessions last year was something.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

richardw42 said:
She's brilliant.

New album out this year so I'm keeping a lookout for tour dates. Bit of a faff for me, but I bet going down to her recording sessions last year was something.

I think I heard that 'Field Day' will be her only UK date in 2016.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts