If I upgrade will I get more detail?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

As most of you know I will be upgrading in a month or so, pending the release date of the BX series.

Anyway, I have only owned the Diamond 9.1 fronts and Tried the 9cc Centre, but found the voice very warm and muddy, so bought a Dali Ikon 1 centre, and yes this was a massive improvment, but not quite there.

Anyway, I am thinking of the BX series or RX series fronts plus centre.

Am I going to see bags and bags of improvment over what I have, I watch a lot of movies, and I know the bass will be a lot better, but looking for more detail and clarity in the diagolgue.

Also is it worth upgrading my rear MS alumni, or will that not make much of a difference, if I get the R90HD, as that will be about 250.00 for the pair, dont want to buy them if I am not going to see a 250.00 improvment.

Lots of questions, but over 1000.00 is tons of money, and this upgrade will need to last for years to come

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Would it not make more sense economically to replace your front L & R with the matching Dali speakers that go with your new centre, it may help having a tonal match across the front.

I have the RX1's L & R and the RXC, and I can't recommend these high enough, I had problems with the dialogue previously, but the tweeter on the RX range goes to a higher frequency than most speakers around, so they are crystal clear

The only comment I would make on MA, is they match very well with Yamaha (Which I have currently) however I do understand that they tend to sound bright with Pioneer.

If you go down the MA route with your Pioneer I would be interested in the result as I like the idea of the new 920/1020 with the ipod connection / icontrol feature.

In terms of the rears, if your budget allows, go for the FX rears they sound amazing, I recently demo-ed my system with Avatar blu ray to a large number of friends (after the defeat to the Germans) and they all commented on the sound placement from the rears.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
You could try out the new Dali Ikon serie called MK2 ;)

They just released here in Denmark ;)

Am pretty sure I will treat myself to the new Dali Ikon 1 or 2 MK2, so can tell you about it when I get it ;)

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:
The only comment I would make on MA, is they match very well with Yamaha (Which I have currently) however I do understand that they tend to sound bright with Pioneer.

I've said this a hundred times or more the RX's are NOT too bright with the Pioneers, you'll find it's the MA RS range that most people say are too bright with pio's

A

Anonymous

piobob:markjaspi:

I've said this a hundred times or more the RX's are NOT too bright with the Pioneers, you'll find it's the MA RS range that most people say are too bright with pio's

I know this as well as spoken to dealers and owners, and they advised yes RS its a no no unless you like bright, But RX ok

I really enjoy the sound quality of the Ikon's but I am not a huge fan of the looks, they look cheap IMO

I know I should not go on looks, but IMO you can get quality and looks for around that same price bracket.

I will be selling all my stuff, to try make some money back after the bank trashing that is about to happen.

And after what dave said about the VSX819 and putting the RX6 to small, I might buy a LX52, uh oh, will tell the wife it came in a pack.. LOL

A

Anonymous

Piobob, keep your hat on mate.

I haven't been on the site for a while (been spending my cash/time on road cycles) and I was going on what a friend who has an LX52 with RX6's was telling me recently.

I personally am glad to hear it as I will soon be going for the pioneer 920, 1020 or 1025 with my MA's soon.

Canada16, if you selling what you have, then I agree the MAs look far better than any other loudspeakers out there, it was just a bonus they sounded so good, my wife said a definate no to any others, after having pretty little B&W M1's.

I can't sing the praises of the RXC loud enough, execellent centre speak IMO.

A

Anonymous

Apologies markjaspi, Didn't mean it to come across like that.
emotion-7.gif

I have mentioned the RX/RS issue so many times I was getting fed up with the sound of my own voice
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts