Idiot-proof way to move iTunes library from one computer to another?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can someone help with some very simple user instructions for moving my iTunes library from my PC to my laptop? I tried to follow some online guidance using my ipod as a portable drive but I can't seem to move the somgs from my old comp. As stated the computer is old and very slow, so I lose patience very quickly. I know I can put them onto disc, but that seems a very long way to go round.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Two real choices

1 - you can network the two together and copy the music over the network

2 - copy from your ipod onto the laptop. Best of using some form of third party app for his. There are a number available. I've used copypod in the past successfully (I've also copied over a network successfully including playlists). If you go this route then make sure the first time you plug your Ipod into your laptop you elect to manage synchronisation between it and Itunes manually. If you don't your Ipod could get wiped. You can change to auto sync once all your music is copied onto the laptop.

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
If you explore your ipod like a normal drive in windows you will see various folders. Choose to view hidden files in the top menu. A hidden file will appear. If you loook in this folder you will see lots of files with what look like random 4 letter names, e.g. xxbg. These are your music files. Transfer these to your pc. When you then add these files to your itunes library the proper information should appear in itunes. Sorry to not be more specific but I don't have my ipod at this pc. I am sure others have posted more detailed posts here before. Also you can google for the answer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts