Iancass

yani

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
You replied to another thread stating you had a pair of Kef r300. Can you possibly enlighten me as to your own set up with regards room boundaries. How far from back wall and side walls to centre line of speaker. Do you use any bungs ?. I am getting a pair for trial next week sometime and am wondering how the bass will be in my relatively small 3m square listening room. I will be slightly limited with placement though they will be on heavy duty 24 inch Atacama stands. I will probably place them about 250mm from rear wall to rear of speaker and about 450 from side wall to speaker centre line.

just wondered what your opinion was of this with you already having a pair in your system.

Cheers

Yani.

iancass

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, at the moment I have them in a space around 4x3m the speakers are on the 4m side of the room. I have them quite away from the wall only because only because I don't have much choice at the moment. I would say they are about 2-3m apart from each other. I am using Van Damme blue series speaker wire. I have the bungs but I have never used them before. I also have mines on 24 inch stands from (RSounds). I Really like the speakers on a personal level but only you can make that decision subject to when you get them to listen to. I heard them in a shop with the same amp so I kind of had an idea if they were for me. Let me know how you get on. The bass is just right for my ears, I need to hear the full range of the recording when I listen to music without upsetting my neighbours which can be a challenge.

yani

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply. Your room size seems very close to my own. I returned a pair of Focal 906 and set my Celestions back up. These are nearly the same size cabinets as the R300. I just listened to them again after a full week of the Focals. Less refined but boy do they party. They fill the room with sound with very tight powerful bass. I realised this is what I sort of missed when using the Focals, nice as they were.

I am now hoping the KEFs give me the best of both worlds. Interesting that you do not use the bungs or half bungs. I was assuming a half bung would be necessary. Do you find the highs smooth with a good amount of detail ??

Regards

Yani

yani

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Ian I meant to ask one more question. The shop is ordering in a brand new pair for me to audition. I will probably require to break them in as they will be new out the box. Did you notice much change from new until a number of hours were on the clock ?

Yani.......again !!

iancass

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
yani said:
Sorry Ian I meant to ask one more question. The shop is ordering in a brand new pair for me to audition. I will probably require to break them in as they will be new out the box. Did you notice much change from new until a number of hours were on the clock ?

Yani.......again !!

I have had them for a few months now. I have never really had them at party levels yet & never thought of breaking in times I just broke them in gently you could say. However I do test them from time to time.

yani

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again for the reply Ian.

I am fortunate enough to live in a detached home so neighbours are not really a problem. Just the wife and daughter !!. I do like to turn the volume up and fill the room with sound especially when I get the house to myself. I think bass is a big part of the experience hence why I am interested in the KEF's. Dont get me wrong I also love beautiful vocals with great detail. My other must have is a great sound stage. I love the 3d effect of being at the venue.

I should pick up the spaekers some time this week or Saturday at the latest so will feed back my findings.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts