i.tunes music jumping

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anyone help solve the problem of i.tunes music skipping/jumping.

wheather its a song purchased on i.tunes or a cd burnt onto i.tunes . when played back on laptop always skips.

despite upgrades in i.tunes it still happens.

never use to happen on i.tunes 6.

anyone help.

thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

I sometimes experience a similar problem of music skipping, but on my iPod, not on iTunes. If I play music from an album/playlist, the iPod will sometimes play the first 10 or so seconds of a song and then skip to the next track. The problem is also new; it only begun since downloading and installing iTunes 7.2. Is this at all like what you are experiencing? My iPod is old-ish, being a 2003 model.

zimble01

A

Anonymous

Zimble01 - Oh thank goodness, someone with the exactly the same problem I have! I have twice sent my iPod back to Amazon now because I thought it was faulty. I got my Nano in February this year and I have the most up to date version of iTunes - whichever that is. Funnily enough none of my friends have had this experience. Is it something one just has to live with? It would be great if someone had an answer to this

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Rona

Haven't come across this problem myself, but we'll investigate and come back to you. Anyone else come across this? And is it only happening with iTunes 7.2?

A

Anonymous

Recently upgraded to iTunes 7.3.1.3 and the problem still seems to occur (though can't remember if I imported CDs after I had upgraded or not). The items concerned play fine in iTunes but not on an iPod - it isn't on every album, nor is it every track. Sometimes it can just be one track and then the rest of the album plays fine

A

Anonymous

Hi Rona

This is a very curious phenomenon indeed. The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as those which my iPod displays.

If anyone else has any information... please.

zimble01

A

Anonymous

Just for the sake of sharing a problem and letting people know they're not alone....

I also have a problem with my 2nd gen. ipod nano (8 gb). I do almost always select an album to listen to music. (I will try to do otherwise for a while just to see where the problem lies)

Symptoms are:

*skipping numbers rapidly without playing any;

*playing fine for a while and then suddenly starting in the middle of the next song.

This isn't a mayor problem to me though, just a minor annoyance. I just press the center button and top of the ring for a few seconds, it restarts and all is fine.

I update itunes regularly and tried to update the player's software too (although it stated my ipod had the latest updates) but itunes just refused -said I had no internet connection. Weird...especially since I can get a connection with the apple website!

A

Anonymous

Hi Simpson, Zimble and Rona,

Just found out you can do a simple diagnostics check of your ipod in itunes. "Start Itunes, select "help", then "run diagnostics..."

If that doesn't help, maybe this website holds the key:

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/musicskip/index.shtml

Good luck!

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes, yes, yes...I can show this to my brother and he can stop complaining about the iPod I baught him some months back.

It clitches, it pops, it jumps. I reckon its the later iTunes. I tell you why, I have iTunes installed on 5 different PCs and laptops between work and home (I am part of Sonneteer, in case you wondered why!) and my personal laptop still gracres iTunes 4 as I refuse to upgrade due to the fact that later iTunes sound pretty poor in comparison. Real player 10 is the only thing that has got close to date.

My experiences with iTunes 7+ has been awful and it skips like mad. One particular time was while demonstrating some new product at a show and it didnt fail to skip at the start of every CD played. Also ripping some of my tunes to AAC or WAV(as I prefer) often leads to glitching in the songs on play back as if they are a scratched CD. Its also always at teh same spot in the song so its more likely to do with the ripping process.

I am sure that Apple are filled with good intent in developing their software further, but a few bugs have clearly crept in. It's just a shame that sound quality has also suffered along the way.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Haider, it now all makes sense!

I checked my computerfiles/backups in itunes and you were right. All the numbers I was experiencing trouble with on my ipod had the exect same problem in itunes. So it is itunes. I' guess I have to rerip some of my collection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts