I tried the Austrian Audio Hi-X15

Dom

Not excellent.
I had problems with timing and excitement. Although admittedly through my mobile phone, not the best example sound quality, but the issues are there.

The Hi-X15 are just 25 Ohms which makes them mobile phone friendly, so quite surprised they were boring to listen too.

AA.jpg

Having read the What Hi fi review, excelled in timing quality, but mention the partnering with suitable electronics, this is odd since these would be ideal for mobile phone's.

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I bought two pairs I love them.
They do need wearing in though, I found them a tad lifeless at first then after a few days became much better than the Bose I paid 3x more for and my older Sony.

I tried a pair of Lindy at richer sounds and the grado both I put back on the demo stand behind the counter.
The Lindy were probably the worst pair I've heard in a long time without the noise cancelling on they were terrible.

Richer sounds have a deal going on the Austrian audio my reason for being there.
I find them that good infact I bought my father a pair.

I know the guy I deal with at richer sounds loves them too who themselves coincidentally rate them 5 star.

Even the missus now walks past her skull candy headphones she admittedly bought because she likes the logo 😂 and steals them away.

It does mention they need wearing in on the instructions to loosen up the drivers which I used to think a false fallacy but sure enough they come alive.

For the money they are excellent value.

I will say though as all things hifi sound is like beauty and in the beholder.

Attachments

• 1000004093.png
    1000004093.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1000004094.jpg
    1000004094.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts