i pod classic or I pod touch

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I need help on this.

Is it true that the i pod classic will sound better because it is a hard drive, and not

flash memory.

This is my thought.

Get a classic, record in lossless or hi bit rate for a lot of my 3 star stuff.

Get a decent pair of earphones then get for home use

a nice amp. and Grado RS 1 or GS 1000.

Is it overkill.

Even the Grado Amp uses line out.

Is the DAC in the classis good enough for this class of headphones?

Or should I just get the touch and good pair of earphones and call it a day.

couple of issues here.

Thanks

Kevin n.j.

A

Anonymous

Kevin get a touch it is more flexible for instance this reply is written on one. I don't think there is any real diffeence in sound and you Grado headphones are over kill without a Dac and head amp.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Touch for its flexibility. You could always get a small headphone amp and bypass the headphone socket on the iPod

A

Anonymous

so if i get the touch any headphone amp can be used or do i then need a dac to

then will grado rsi be overkill

kinda thinking of touch now i drive a bumpy truck

pleas reply all

A

Anonymous

I have an 80g iPod 5th generation to hold all my music and an iPod touch for portable use. Very similar in terms of audio quality to my ears. I use Lame V0 quality mp3's ripped with EAC or dBpoweramp as again to my ears there is no difference between these and ALAC.

The Grado headphones will not be overkill for an iPod in my opinion. I use my RS-1 directly from mine all the time and it sounds incredible. A headphone amp will give you a bit more punch to the music and better volume control but we are not talking about earth shattering differences. You can always try out headphone amps in Superfi or similar store - they usually stock Project or Creek models. I'm assuming from your name that you have your heart set on a Grado anyway so I'm guessing you have tried lower down the range models? If you enjoy the sound sig of the sr60/80/225 then I would 100% recommend the RS-1 and you will never feel the need to upgrade again. I got mine from Ebay for £350 two years ago and would never consider upgrading or selling them. Best of luck whichever route you decide on.

A

Anonymous

There is a certain amount of flexibility to either option depending on your perspective. Ipod Touch has more flexibility in terms of functionality, i.e. you also get the ability to connect/surf the internet (if a suitable Wi-Fi network is available) and a vast array of downloadable apps (which turns it into an electronic 'Swiss army knife!). On the other hand, if you have a large digital music collection in memory hungry Lossless and don't want to spend time selecting various tracks/albums each time you sync, then the Classic is a more flexible option.

I personally have more than 64Gb of music and prefer to have everything available, depending on what mood takes me; so the Classic does me fine.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts