I need your help in choosing Mp3 / Radio Tuner for my Hi-Fi system

dfalir

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i need your help to choose a good MP3 / Radio Player deck...

I own an Audio Analog Puccini 2-channel amplifier and a pair of speakers Monitor Audio 4S booksheld. I also own an Arcam T72 CD the one with mp3 support. All these were bought because of the numerous positive reviews within my budget. Excellent sound to my opinion.

My problem is that I no longer listen to CDs any more and the Hi-Fi system is on storage... But i want to bring it to life again because I miss its sound, and therefore and I am looking for an MP3 player deck that has front usb port so that i can play mp3 easily. I also definately want to have radio capability as well.I dont care if it has a CD slot, even better if it good looking without CD slot. If it also has wireless connectivity or internet radio etc, is a welcome addition but not a requirement. If it was exactly like above and in silver mat colour i would be a very verry happy listener!

I want this deck to handle sound, as good as the Arcam did when playing CD's in terms of achieving the most out of the Quality. In my case this means getting the most out of a 320KBps mp3.

So i am looking for your best propositions within a price range that currently sells from 200 to 300 GBP. It could as well be a 2 years old model that at that time was out at 350 - 400 GBP. I dont particularly care if it brand brand new.

Please advise! :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We haven't tested any standalone hi-fi radio tuners for quite a while now (there aren't many about these days), but you might want to consider a music streamer such as the Pioneer N-50, one of our 2012 Award winners. It has a front USB port for handling hi-res music up to 24-bit/96kHz, if you connect it to your newtork it has V Tuner for access to internet radio and it's available in silver. It cost £500 new, but is available for less than that now:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-n-50

dfalir

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Andy thank you very much for your suggestion.

After you suggestion i had an extensive look around, for other models, like Denon 720 and Cambridge Audio streamers. At first I wondered why didn't you propose these models for my case. After 2-3 days I realised you made the best possible proposition.... I found it at GBP379 and having read many reviews, i must say, you proposed the most suitable equipment for what i want.

Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts