I love my Musical Fidelity A3.5 CD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I had a break in and with some of the money I received, I bought myself a secondhand Musical Fidelity A3.5 CD Player (2005) to replace my reliable 1997 Marantz CD6000 OSE.

The Marantz is a great piece of kit for the money. It's very precise, detailed yet subtle, so after a bit of system swapping my main setup is the Marantz PM7001 Ki Sig with the A3.5 CD and the irreplaceable Rogers LS55 floorstanders.

The immediate thing I noticed on almost every track I played was just how more detailed and forward the A3.5 was, without being brash or overpowering. It's almost as if loads more colour and life has been injected into every piece of music. The A3.5 makes everything suddenly sound so much better than before. The biggest margin of difference is noticed on fast, complicated tracks with loads of detail where this deck punches its way through like Ali in his fizzing prime.

I appreciate the A3.5 is in a different class to the 6000 OSE, but the gulf is truly amazing and overall even better than the Rega Saturn and Apollo and my other Arcam CD192 that I've had connected up to it too. I'm beginning to wonder how much money I'd have to part with to improve by this margin again.

A

Anonymous

Me too! (well, I love mine, not yours ;) )

If you could find any 3.5 amp that would be great.

A

Anonymous

I had a chance at an A5 amp a short while back for £450 from a bankruptcy house clearance and I'm kicking myself.

A

Anonymous

smo:

I was looking for something else but stumbled upon a 3.5 amp and CD brand new for £1400. Would this be a good price since the 3.5 is now discountinued.

Also, I was looking to get B&W805s or ProAc Response D1. They did not have them in the shop and used the 3.5 with B&W 683, KEF IQ30 and Spendor S3 for the demo.

Any advice?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Very nice player, sounding nearly as good as A5 for considerbly less money. I do also like A308 player which is warmer and more seductive but yes, A3.5 seem to touch you where is matter.

A

Anonymous

abb230:smo:

I was looking for something else but stumbled upon a 3.5 amp and CD brand new for £1400. Would this be a good price since the 3.5 is now discountinued.

Also, I was looking to get B&W805s or ProAc Response D1. They did not have them in the shop and used the 3.5 with B&W 683, KEF IQ30 and Spendor S3 for the demo.

Any advice?

The MF pair is a brilliant combination, but for £1400.00, they are grossly overpriced.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts