I love my hifi life, i get to try so many stuff

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

It reads as if he got a full width all in one, hence my suggestion of Arcam SA10. M6i would indeed be quite a feat if it went for that kind of money but not sure you could get one brand new anymore.

gasolin

What the hell, at 12 o'clock it barely is above tv listening level *crazy*...... just wmp that wasn't at 100% *yahoo*

7TSvjMy.jpg
DSC_0164.JPG

gasolin

First impression with my Clearer audio alpha one power cable and DEFLEX/MILTY FOCULPODS - VIBRATION ABSORBERS under both my cd player and on top my amp.

It's not as loud a my Nad C316BEE V2 with the same setting of the volume *scratch_one-s_head* (imput sensitivity? nad 200 mv, cambridge?).

Basic setup as easy as it can be, it's a big amp for only 2x60 watt in 8 ohm, double the height of my nad amp

I was a little affraid of the sound being to bright, so fare it isn't although the top is more lively,a bit louder, it sounds really good,got some punch dynamic on this song when the drummer kicks ass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmW75KNijM4&list=LLbe_wWFF92QDDZPpl2q27LA&index=284

Seems to be able to handle it when alot is going on without losing control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04wCdyX1G0

The bass has a nice weight to it and generally the sound is clean, i can't remember that my Maranatz PM8005 sounded so engaging,involving, marantz PM6005 need a bit more weight in the bass, amazing that the small Dynaudios can sound that good in the bass

insider9

I haven't heard that particular amp but all Cambridge Audio amps I've owned and used were always musical. I was wondering how you'll see its bass as I know it's important to you. NAD has never delivered bass of the authority I expected bar the big M2.

gasolin

Tight and punchy matches the liveliness of the top, good weight

Both amp and speakers deserve there 5 stars

The amp is more expensive than the Marantz PM6006 but it's better, mbaye the new Marantz PM8006 is better but that is more than twice the price of the CXA 60, then you alos get an onbord phono stage that the CXA60 doesn't have, the again you get more digital inputs bt dongle support on the CXA60 (usb on the CXA80).

CP1 phonostage sounds good, not bright and intrusive but not as good bass at from my pc

jjbomber

insider9 said:
I haven't heard that particular amp but all Cambridge Audio amps I've owned and used were always musical. I was wondering how you'll see its bass as I know it's important to you. NAD has never delivered bass of the authority I expected bar the big M2.

NAD are now owned by Richer Sounds, as are Cambridge Audio. Maybe they'll both start sounding the same as new products are released.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Tight and punchy matches the liveliness of the top, good weight

Both amp and speakers deserve there 5 stars

The amp is more expensive than the Marantz PM6006 but it's better, mbaye the new Marantz PM8006 is better but that is more than twice the price of the CXA 60, then you alos get an onbord phono stage that the CXA60 doesn't have, the again you get more digital inputs bt dongle support on the CXA60 (usb on the CXA80).

CP1 phonostage sounds good, not bright and intrusive but not as good bass at from my pc
The cambridge CXA80 is a lot better then the CXA60 and without downing the CXA60 the marantz PM8005 what you had was a much better amp then the CXA60 is if you find you do not like the CXA60 after sometime try the CXA80 or the Arcam A19 as there should be some big discount on the older Arcam modals like the Arcam A19 , A39 which is a very good amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts