I know your busy but help me What HIFI team! Panasonic Buzzing..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Purchased a Panasonic TH-37PX80 a few weeks ago and have been genuinely happy with the picture. Having also just purchased a Denon AVR-1909 I have been watching/listening to all my movies through the reciever and at reasonable volumes.

As the set is new I have it set on run in settings (low brightness/colour/contrast for the first 200 hours) and yesterday I noticed a faint buzzing sound from the tv which I can live with. However as I turn the settings up the buzzing noise increases and can be a little distracting.

I have read numerous posts about buzzing from behind the panel. If I press and hold the back plate so that its tighter against the tv the noise almost disappears.

Is this likely to get better over time or worse? also does anyone think pnasonic will be interested in doing anything about it?

Plasma technology isnt exactly new anymore and i would have thought issues such as this, overheating and dead pixels would have become a thing of the past.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Mohsin:
Purchased a Panasonic TH-37PX80 a few weeks ago and have been genuinely happy with the picture. Having also just purchased a Denon AVR-1909 I have been watching/listening to all my movies through the reciever and at reasonable volumes.

As the set is new I have it set on run in settings (low brightness/colour/contrast for the first 200 hours) and yesterday I noticed a faint buzzing sound from the tv which I can live with. However as I turn the settings up the buzzing noise increases and can be a little distracting.

I have read numerous posts about buzzing from behind the panel. If I press and hold the back plate so that its tighter against the tv the noise almost disappears.

Is this likely to get better over time or worse? also does anyone think pnasonic will be interested in doing anything about it?

Plasma technology isnt exactly new anymore and i would have thought issues such as this, overheating and dead pixels would have become a thing of the past.

Ive never heard of any buzzing before from the panasonics, unless you may have a bee trapped in there? ha

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:Ive never heard of any buzzing before from the panasonics, unless you may have a bee trapped in there? ha

You joke but I had a monitor that kept buzzing whenever I switched it on. Got so fed up with it one day that I took it off its stand and gave it a shake. Out popped a half-dead fly. Buzz stopped after that!

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Mohsin:

As the set is new I have it set on run in settings (low brightness/colour/contrast for the first 200 hours) and yesterday I noticed a faint buzzing sound from the tv which I can live with. However as I turn the settings up the buzzing noise increases and can be a little distracting. I have read numerous posts about buzzing from behind the panel. If I press and hold the back plate so that its tighter against the tv the noise almost disappears.

I'd consult the retailer you got it from, if i were you.

Thanks, Rorschach.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
VoodooDoctor:jase fox:Ive never heard of any buzzing before from the panasonics, unless you may have a bee trapped in there? ha

You joke but I had a monitor that kept buzzing whenever I switched it on. Got so fed up with it one day that I took it off its stand and gave it a shake. Out popped a half-dead fly. Buzz stopped after that!There you are then, i wasnt joking afterall as it was obviously a possibility?

Maybe the fly was trapped on one of the fans & everytime you turned it on it woke it up !!

TRENDING THREADS