I know what I want next.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It's a headphone amp. But I don't know from these things as I've never had use for one before. But living with the other half for a while now has shown me I could use one.

I want to spend $400 CAD MAX (bout 200 quid), preferably less so I can spend more on the cans? Advise please.

Should I buy a Tube kit and just make it?

The Rega Ear and Creek OBH21 have come up so far, but do I need to spend that much?

A

Anonymous

I like the Grado RA-1 & the Creek you've listed.

I've heard good things about the Pro-Ject Headbox II which retails for around $150 Canadian (I think), but I've never used it personally.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="brock_boogie"]

I've heard good things about the Pro-Ject Headbox II which retails for around $150 Canadian (I think), but I've never used it personally.
[/quote]I like the RA-1 but I don't like the whole battery thing... and $100 dollars more for AC seems excessive.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="raypalmer"][quote user="brock_boogie"]

[/quote]I like the RA-1 but I don't like the whole battery thing... and $100 dollars more for AC seems excessive.[/quote]

i wouldnt be dismissive of the RA-1 based upon its battery power - what it actually means is that you can avoid the perils of mains noise entering into the amp - noise which would be especially evident when listening through decent cans. from what ive read you can get about 50hrs use from the two 9v batts and if you had rechargeable batts then you could keep the running costs down. US audio mag Stereophile (sorry for swearing Andrew) awarded the RA-1 product of the year and the RA-1 has numerous other positive reviews.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts