i just been given this system any tips on wiring it up

A

Anonymous

sorry i should have said its a Panasonic DMR-EX78 tv is a Sony KDL40W4500 might get a ps3 soon i need to know the basics like the height of the speakers and anythink that would help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From looking at the manual, I can see the AVR 4500 doesn't have any HDMI inputs so your best bet is to connect the Panasonic DMR-EX78 direct into the TV via HDMI and then connect an optical cable from the Panny to the AVR 4500 for sound. The PS3 would connect in exactly the same way with the same leads to both.

For speaker height, you ideally want the fronts to have their tweeter at your ear level and the centre is normally placed under the TV, though could be placed above it on a rigid shelf. Surrounds the same if possible, but could be wall mounted higher and angled down if this isn't possible.

daveh75

Ah a sneaky edit
emotion-2.gif
thought i was going mad for a minute!

A

Anonymous

i have just discoverd that there is no remot control can i still operate av with out it and thanks for the help so far

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, AV amps tend to be quite heavily reliant on their remotes so you may well struggle without it. The only options I can think of is to contact Harman Kardon and see if they have a replacement they can send / sell you or look out for a Universal remote which has the AVR 4500's codes built into it to replace it. The Logitech Harmony could be good in this respect as they have thousands of devices in their online database - could be worth a trip to their website and get in contact with them to see if this HK model is among them.

A

Anonymous

just spent whole day trying to wire it up and no sound is coming out of it the radio seems to work ok i wired it up as surgested in this form with the optical cable and with the phono leads going to the dvd side of it please help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "the phono leads going to the dvd side of it"?

However, once you have connected the DVD recorder into the amp using optical, you need to assign the input which you want to use for the DVD recorder to this. Instructions are on page 21-22 of the manual - this is where you could fall foul if you don't have the remote as I'm not sure if you can get to the System Setup screen without it...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help professorhat you are right i came across a brick wall without the remote control i have a Marantz RC3200 do you think that will work it thanks

A

Anonymous

i have just been listening to the radio on the avr and it was disappointing will the dvd sound better or much the same i hope to get the remot control by the weekend so i can set it up i hope it dont sound as bad as the radio

A

Anonymous

sorry for got to ask are The Infinity Modulus anygood or the avr anygood

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts