I Hope Scene is ok I have not seen him for 8-9 days now

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

scene

Hi guys. Sorry I've not been very well. Managed to come down with what I thought was a "relatively" mild case of Covid-19 on 25th March, having felt really tired and lethargic for a couple of days before. Then on the Wednesday my temperature went up, shivers and a splitting headache, so I was exiled to the spare room...

By the Saturday I was feeling a lot better, but Mrs. scene was starting to feel pretty rough, so I started doing getting meals for the boys (mask on!) Thought all was ok, a bit tired, but on Monday had lunch, then basically passed out for 3 hours, went to see Mrs S who said I looked awful (true love :)), so checked my temp and was way up 39.6 and the shivers returned, with shortness of breath, feeling sick, coughing fits...

Couldn't get my temperature down all week, just hovered around the 39.4-39.8 mark, couldn't eat, just living off water and painkillers, but by the Saturday finally started to feel more human.

By Monday, which would have been when you saw me online, felt well enough to WFH, short hours with breaks. Concentration a bit short, and feeling tired, and 5kg lighter... Decided to take Thursday off and have a really long long weekend...

But the BL**DY virus hadn't finished with me. I'd had a sore ankle for a couple of days, just thought it was a bit of cramp, got much worse on the Thursday and by Friday morning was agony, and my whole ankle was swollen and radiating heat. Tbh, at this point I was just a little concerned I'd got DVT with the week or so of inactivity and dehydration...

Unbelievably, got a phone/video call with a doctor from our surgery on Good Friday - god bless the NHS! And after a the video exam Doctor decided was probably an infection, not DVT (probably), so prescribed a course of heavy duty antibiotics, with a follow up call scheduled for Monday (yes, Easter Monday - my enduring belief in the NHS has been reaffirmed).

They seem to be doing the business, but I'm pretty much layed up at the moment, leg less uncomfortable and swelling starting to reduce. I think my immune system basically gave its last on the Covid-19, and now wide open to any opportunistic infection that feels like having a go, which I've now read is a pretty common problem...

Sorry about the long rambling post, but in my defense it's been a while. Hopefully on the mend, but probably going to be laid up for rest of the week at least.

Last edited:

scene

Glad to hear you are pulling through this dreaded virus. Hope Mrs Scene and the family keep safe and well.
Thanks Michael 👍

Mrs Scene has recovered much quicker than me - women have better immune systems than us men! Family ok, but think the youngest might have the virus, but being just 12 he's not showing too many symptoms.

scene

Take care scene. Make sure you're well hydrated and take Paracetamol for pains and high fevers (low grade temperatures shouldn't need Paracetamol). During recovery, ensure a high protein diet.
Thanks BB,

Drinking like it's going out of fashion, hopefully with the flucloxacillin it will clear up soon. Been taking paracetamol mostly for pain/discomfort (like after limping to the bathroom)

Thanks for the advice on recovery,

I've never felt my own mortality so acutely as I have these past couple of weeks, going to take a while to get over this mentally & physically.

D

Deleted member 188533

Wow man glad you're feeling better. Here's the latest treatment protocols in the US and it includes suggested prophylaxis all of which are available over the counter with no prescription here in the US. Might not be a bad idea to give it a try for a month or so to make sure you clear the remnants of that crap out of you.

•Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID
•Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1-2 months, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day.
•Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 1-2 mg at night
•Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day (optimal dose unknown). Likely that those with baseline low 25-OH vitamin D levels and those > living at 40o latitude will benefit the most.

scene

With my blood condition I can't go outside in the sunshine too much, so my vitamin D levels are notoriously low, along with being a bit anaemic, with that and the asthma, was a tad (beautiful British understatement) concerned when I went down with Covid-19, but thought I'd dodged the bullet... Haha!

As I said, hanging on in here 👍

Gray

I don't get round to reading these non-hifi threads that often.
Just read this though! So pleased you're on the mend Scene.
Maybe you've even got a bit of immunity now?
(not sure they know enough about this virus to even say whether that's true).
Glad you're back.
Stay well.

Reactions: scene

scene

I don't get round to reading these non-hifi threads that often.
Just read this though! So pleased you're on the mend Scene.
Maybe you've even got a bit of immunity now?
(not sure they know enough about this virus to even say whether that's true).
Glad you're back.
Stay well.
Thanks Gray.

Glad to be over the Covid-19, just want this new infection to be over as well...

Reactions: Gray

scene

Update on me...
OK, it wasn't an infection, after a trip to the local A&E, followed by several trips (on-going) to hospital, turns out I've got a DVT in my leg - which frankly is not good...

NHS, as ever, are being great and now I'm on blood thinning injections and tablets the risk of something really nasty happening is much lower - I'm trying not to think about the week I had the DVT with no treatment, think I've been lucky on that front.

So I'm a bit of an incapacitated sheep at the moment - painkillers, and daily inejections and trips to hospital till the warfarin gets my clotting time long enough - ho hum. And a long recovery time in front.

D

Deleted member 188533

Yikes. Hopefully now that they know what it is they can fix it without too much trouble. This is a very strange virus and it seems to cause clotting problems quite a bit. I don't think they understand why yet.

scene

Yikes. Hopefully now that they know what it is they can fix it without too much trouble. This is a very strange virus and it seems to cause clotting problems quite a bit. I don't think they understand why yet.
Yes, so I've read. I've had a CT scan to make sure I haven't got any clots on my lungs (hopefully not), or any other nasty cause for the clot (ditto, in spades) and will get the results in a couple of days. I think it was the virus, and I'm just enjoying the being here right now, albeit with some pain and discomfort...

D

Deleted member 2457

Update on me...
OK, it wasn't an infection, after a trip to the local A&E, followed by several trips (on-going) to hospital, turns out I've got a DVT in my leg - which frankly is not good...

NHS, as ever, are being great and now I'm on blood thinning injections and tablets the risk of something really nasty happening is much lower - I'm trying not to think about the week I had the DVT with no treatment, think I've been lucky on that front.

So I'm a bit of an incapacitated sheep at the moment - painkillers, and daily inejections and trips to hospital till the warfarin gets my clotting time long enough - ho hum. And a long recovery time in front.
Sorry to hear this Scene. My thoughts are with you mate. (y)

Reactions: scene
D

Deleted member 2457

I didn’t think he sounded too good last time he spoke on here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts