i have a problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have a problem a good problem i have just be given Marantz CD-63 KI-Sig, Musical Fidelity Elektra E20 Preamplifier
Musical Fidelity Elektra E30 Power Amplifier
Meridian A500 speakers my currant System is Rega’elex amp cd rega planet Rega Kyte Speakers what shall i keep and what should i ebay help

A

Anonymous

i just wonderd which was the best bits i had wether the Marantz CD-is better than the rega planet and the same for the amp and Speakers

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
How do they sound to your ears!?
emotion-7.gif

Personally I prefer Marantz 63 Ki than Rega but that's me, a big Ki tart! A500? I am not sure if I heard them before, my guess would be warm and smooth, roll off up top just like all Meridian house sound.

matthewpiano

Have some fun!!!!

Try EVERY possible combination and spend a couple of days playing around until you get the sound you like the best. Its always fun doing that. I have a few bits of kit sitting doing nothing and sometimes just swap things out for a change. Variety is the spice!!

A

Anonymous

thanks for your help the Rega' stuff i had for a long time havnt listened to MF combo + Meridian speakers will do tomorrow thinking of Meridian speakers and Rega'amp i am new to hi fi so anysugestions welcome

A

Anonymous

what type of leads do i need to connect Musical Fidelity Preamplifier to the Power Amplifier
thanks all

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Have some fun!!!!

Try EVERY possible combination and spend a couple of days playing around until you get the sound you like the best. Its always fun doing that. I have a few bits of kit sitting doing nothing and sometimes just swap things out for a change. Variety is the spice!!

Hell yeah...!

A

Anonymous

You're welcome.

I agree with the above comments. Only your ears can decide what kit to keep. Rega and Musical Fidelity tend to sound very hifi, i.e. accurate, so see what happens in the room you have.

That KI CDP is a cracker by the way. Legendary in fact...

A

Anonymous

should i keep the Marantz CD-63 KI and sell the rega planet i been out of touch with hj fi i know this stuff is old need help with leads

A

Anonymous

what type of leads do i need to connect them is it just phono leads Musical Fidelity Preamplifier to the Power Amplifier
thanks all

A

Anonymous

just spent all day seting up the MF combo + Meridian speakers no matter what i tried with Speakers leads and phono leads i get a distushion through the left Speaker swaped the Speaker around and still the same

T

the record spot

If you got the distortion out of the same speaker channel AFTER you changed the speakers round, then that would be a problem with the amp in all likelihood...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts