I Have 3-4k to spend on a AV and speaker kit-please advise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening; Ladies and Gent;

im moving to a new flat in London ( yes flat- key word there ) so i am looking for a system which is small and discreet yet punchy enough that between reasonable hours of the day i can watch films and enjoy the system.

I have thus far settled on a Bose Acoustimass 15 for the speakers and Onkyo TX-NR709, But having descreetly haunted the forumn i have noticed that Bose are regarded with an element of contempt? I do enjoy the styling of it though.

Ideas?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Maybe consider Monitor Audio Apex 5.1 set.

Very different sound to Bose - much better in my exprerience - they are also very nicely styled small speakers

Better yet - dont get the MA sub get a XLS200 from BK Electronics as that is likely more than enough sub for a flat.

If you want smaller still; B&W M1 set, still with the BK Sub or the PV1 if you want it to look flash

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not so much as contempt, but just acknowledged to be over priced and lacking in comparison to similar priced competitors.

For your budget I would recommend the Apex and the Pioneer LX85 or LX83 which is a bargain at the moment. YOu could also wait for the new B&W speakers to be released soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts