i brought a lg 49nano866na

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
But not happy with this TV as it suffers from light bleed which LG do not cover i have turned off the local dimming which has helped a little but the picture in dark scenes is not great .
i have 14 days to return the Tv which i am in the middle of talking to the people i got the tv of but what Tv is out there thats a 50'' very good with films and gaming

D

Deleted member 2457

But not happy with this TV as it suffers from light bleed which LG do not cover i have turned off the local dimming which has helped a little but the picture in dark scenes is not great .
i have 14 days to return the Tv which i am in the middle of talking to the people i got the tv of but what Tv is out there thats a 50'' very good with films and gaming
What about this TV:

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
What about this TV:

I was thinking of getting the Samsung Q80 as i have spoken to the people i got the LG off and they said this was a much better panel

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I was thinking of getting the Samsung Q80 as i have spoken to the people i got the LG off and they said this was a much better panel
Good choice mate. WHF give it 5 stars too and they have loads of Apps. (y)

D

Deleted member 2457

The Q80 is only a 60hz panel but the Samsung Q90 will do 120hz but i can only get this TV in a 55'' which is to big
I think you’re stuck again, I think it would be worth looking at 2021 models now.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
D

Deleted member 2457

That Sony is branded as "perfect for PlayStation". You'll love the TV. I've got the 9005 and it's brilliant.
I think Blacksabbath wanted 120hz 4K gaming though, does it do that?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think Blacksabbath wanted 120hz 4K gaming though, does it do that?
The thing is i do like Sony TVs as my old Sony was good TV but if i want the 120Hz i would have to be looking at some of the Top Sony TVs like the X90 but its a 55'' and i have heard Sony just did a software update for some of there TVs to run the 120 Hz

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
To add at the moment i still have the LG as where i brought it from said i could keep it still Xmas was out of the way .
This has given me time to play around with this TV so i turned the local dimming of which improved things a lot i have calibrated the TV and now the blacks are a lot better .
Films are really good and what i expected from the TV but some games i like a lot like red dead redemption 2 i have played for 2 years online which this game is in 4K but it has its own calibration settings which you can set as well as the Xbox series has its own calibration settings in 4K .
My trouble is red dead redemption is to dark at night time in 4K unless i turn the actual games own calibration up a lot and because its a rockstar game i have to reset the cash its temporary files for this game which then resets its own 4K calibration settings so have to calibrate theses setting for this game every time i want to play it .
My question is it a TV issue that the night time parts of the game are to dark that the TV has not got a higher brightness for dark or do you think it just the game that the issue .
Basically i just want a TV that does night and day really well in 4K and my thinking is the Sony XH900 or the Samsung Q80 or Q90

Paul.

I’ve got a q90T, absolutely gorgeous. Not sure what this motion issue is, I don’t have freesat or now tv and not come across it. If you mainly do gaming and movies I doubt you will either. Some friends of mine have the q80T and are very happy with it.
The Sony did have some 120hz blur issues but looks like that’s been fixed with a firmware update.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I found out what the issue is with this LG TV its the AMD free syn on the HDMI you can set it to wide or high for some reason when i reset my red dead 2 game the free sync doesn't activate with the game so that is a software issue with the TV with the 2.1 HDMI .
when i reset the free sync the game looks lovey and i can see at night in game as well but this took me a long time to come find this issue
currently using the Xbox series X own HDMI lead that come with the console which i would of thought that would be a 48 Gb HDMI lead if it isn't i might have to buy one and this might be the issue

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The LG went back and now own a Samsung Q80 and straight out of the box this TV is far better then the LG by miles .
The picture is sharper and the colors are better a much brighter TV a specially in dark 4K games i can now see a lot more .
NO light bleed and the local dimming works as it should do

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I’ve got a q90T, absolutely gorgeous. Not sure what this motion issue is, I don’t have freesat or now tv and not come across it. If you mainly do gaming and movies I doubt you will either. Some friends of mine have the q80T and are very happy with it.
The Sony did have some 120hz blur issues but looks like that’s been fixed with a firmware update.

I believe many owners are complaining of stutter that produces an image which appears to jump between frames and is much more noticeable for low frame rate content. Both the Samsung Q90T and Q80T score low on this aspect.
The Q90T scored 6.9 and the Q80t scores 6.8. The TV's that do well in this department will score between 7.5 up to 9.3 on the Rting test results.

Not everyone is sensitive to stutter but many unhappy owners on both the UK and USA forums. I believe Vincent Teoh is the only reviewer to talk about the stutter/Judder frame rate issues on the 4K QLED 2020 sets. Pretty much every other reviewer failed to detect these issues.
So I think a lot of owners who are struggling with the frame rate issue are feeling hard done by. They saved their hard earned cash and read the glowing reviews and can't tolerate the stutter in 50Hz broadcast content. I don't believe Samsung have been very helpful in helping customers either which is a shame.

The Samsung Q90T was my first choice but these issues turned me off. I turned my attention to the Sony Xh950 but the blooming and wobbly stand wasn't for me. I hope Samsung fix these issues on the newer Mini LED QN90A and QN85A 2021 sets.. 🤞🏻

Paul.

You have to remember the internet gives a very distorted view of these products. I have no doubt that some people are having very real and frustrating issues with their use case, but they sell thousands and thousands of these things. I knew there was a risk, I bought from a reputable retailer that I could return the tv to if I had issues. I didn’t have issues and absolutely love it. It’s actually pretty low risk having a go, worst case is you loose an afternoon waiting for the collection can.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
You have to remember the internet gives a very distorted view of these products. I have no doubt that some people are having very real and frustrating issues with their use case, but they sell thousands and thousands of these things. I knew there was a risk, I bought from a reputable retailer that I could return the tv to if I had issues. I didn’t have issues and absolutely love it. It’s actually pretty low risk having a go, worst case is you loose an afternoon waiting for the collection can.

Glad you like your Q90T set.. Beautiful design enjoy! What is your thoughts on the screen uniformity is it a clean panel?

Paul.

I’m happy with it. When you get a full white screen I get the slightest darkening in the top two corners but never notice anything in normal viewing. White text on a black background in hdr mode does cause a smidge of blooming but the backlight is brilliant otherwise.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here not noticed any screen shutter on mine only a little slightest darkening in the top two corners but only see that on some scenes .
But most back light TVs have this issue or light bleed or the local dimming does not work as it should do which i found out with the LG which was very bad and would not recommend that TV to anyone

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

OK I have decided to take a chance on the Q90T. I put my order in today! Paul regarding motion enhancing settings what have you set - picture clarity, Blur/Judder reduction and LED clear motion to. I would like to try them straight out of the box with the Sammy as you don't see the stutter/judder issue thanks.

Also what update are you on.

pavlaras1

Mar 19, 2022
Visit site
I have the model LG 49NANO866NA and i see Ghost / Shadow Images all the time.
I have change 3 HDMI cables and still i have the same problem about 1 year now.
Does anyone know how can i fix it;

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts