i am legend

A

Anonymous

audioidiot1 wrote the following post at 01-28-2010 9:13 PM:

hi johnny

i see i,m not the only 1 to know that.but did you google it or did you already know?

Already knew, seen the film loads of times, great movie in its day

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i,m most upset now,did,nt know it was on the box a while ago. will need to buy it.

i,m watching saloms lot now. still gets me on edge of seat eeven after all these years

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
audioidiot1: hi all

i am legend (will smith) was a film based on which 1970,s film?

cheers

Think the Omega Man was itself a remake. Always liked the Omega Man

John Duncan

the_lhc:
JohnDuncan:No, it was more of a treatment of the original book by Richard Matheson.

I don't think they heard you JD, speak up...

Well David had a point in that the film he mentions was also a 'treatment' of the original book, but whether Omega Man could be called a remake of it was debatable. And I couldn't be -rsed debating...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They're three takes on the original book, so I suppose in a way, The Omega Man isn't a remake of The Last Man On Earth, and I Am Legend isn't a remake of The Omega Man.

I wasn't too keen on Omega Man - just didn't get on with the Druid thing.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Gander:Either way, i am legend is a pony film

Pony film? Am I showing my age here? I love the film - one of my most watch films last year. I'm not overly keen on Smith as an actor, but I think he's great in it.

A

Anonymous

I just don't think it really hit home to be honest David. I clearly see what they were trying to get across but it just didn't get anywhere near nailing / delivering it for me.

The dog was cool though!

John Duncan

FrankHarveyHiFi:
They're three takes on the original book, so I suppose in a way, The Omega Man isn't a remake of The Last Man On Earth, and I Am Legend isn't a remake of The Omega Man.

Yeah if I Am Legend was a remake of Omega Man, there was a severe lack of druids.

And I quite liked I Am Legend as well, even if it ended up being little more than a treatment of the book as well (albeit closer than the others).

Talking of post-apocalyptic novels (Now A Major Film), just reading The Road again.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:They're three takes on the original book, so I suppose in a way, The Omega Man isn't a remake of The Last Man On Earth, and I Am Legend isn't a remake of The Omega Man.

Quite correct, I believe Smith went back to the original book for his version, rather than looking at either of the previous two attempts.

Yeah I watched in on 5 the other day, can't say I was overly struck, the Family (or whatever the were called) were just too human, I didn't really see why they were so violent when they were perfectly lucid and intelligent.

A

Anonymous

i own it on blu-ray , more for its stunning look than content , but its not a movie id revisit much , maybe they were trying to stay true to the book , i dont know i have not read it , but i felt the movie needed a little more than just will smiths interaction with a few zombies in an empty new york , it became a bit boring for me , and the end was a letdown ....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:FrankHarveyHiFi:

Yeah if I Am Legend was a remake of Omega Man, there was a severe lack of druids.

And I quite liked I Am Legend as well, even if it ended up being little more than a treatment of the book as well (albeit closer than the others).

Talking of post-apocalyptic novels (Now A Major Film), just reading The Road again.

I certainly didn't think IAL was as bad as a lot of people seemed to suggest, the only thing I didn't like was the use of CGI for all the creatures. It could easily (and more convincingly) have been done with actors, with some CGI enhancement, if necessary, as it is they're just too unrealistic to put up with.

TRENDING THREADS