I am glad I bought my OLED otherwise I would’ve probably bought this QD-OLED deal!

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
So, why would you choose the Samsung over the LG?
1000 nits, new technology (which should be better in theory) and I already have a Samsung and quite like it. The only problem would be turning them both on and off at the same time, with my LG OLED I don’t have that issue. Like you say I got a 77-inch OLED instead and LG and I don’t have the problem with the remotes and a 5 year warranty. This Samsung only comes with one year warranty.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Buying a television with a one year warranty is certainly a risk.

First gen QD-OLED is seemingly 'better' according to some reviews but nothing conclusive yet.

A 77 vs 55 inch screen is a big difference and would alter the viewing experience rather a lot.

Plus the Samsung doesn't have Dolby Vision because Samsung still refuse to get on board.

The upscaling on the Samsung would like be better as a) it's a smaller screen, and b) the upscaling on the LG is good but my experience of Samsung and LG makes me think the Samsung would likely have a better SD/HD picture at the same screen size.

The C2/G2 appears to have upped the upscaling game somewhat for LG. Guess it all depends what you feed it. Some say if you have a 4K screen only feed it 4K, but to me that's not realistic at the moment.

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Buying a television with a one year warranty is certainly a risk.

First gen QD-OLED is seemingly 'better' according to some reviews but nothing conclusive yet.

A 77 vs 55 inch screen is a big difference and would alter the viewing experience rather a lot.

Plus the Samsung doesn't have Dolby Vision because Samsung still refuse to get on board.

The upscaling on the Samsung would like be better as a) it's a smaller screen, and b) the upscaling on the LG is good but my experience of Samsung and LG makes me think the Samsung would likely have a better SD/HD picture at the same screen size.

The C2/G2 appears to have upped the upscaling game somewhat for LG. Guess it all depends what you feed it. Some say if you have a 4K screen only feed it 4K, but to me that's not realistic at the moment.
Same here. I rarely watch 4K. Should’ve kept with a Blu-ray player (Blu-rays and DVDs is all that I use).

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Which one do you prefer? Just thinking that having two screens and comparing them will have you focus on negatives against the other screen? Having one screen means you can just crack on and enjoy using it. Or do you use them for different things?

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Which one do you prefer? Just thinking that having two screens and comparing them will have you focus on negatives against the other screen? Having one screen means you can just crack on and enjoy using it. Or do you use them for different things?
I like them both they are very similar. Blacks are only slightly deeper on the OLED, whereas the brights are really bright on the QLED. Motion is better on the OLED, no screen burn on the QLED. With OLEDs you have to constantly wary of screen burn. When they got compared by AVF thats basically what they said too.

Reactions: giggsy1977

TRENDING THREADS