I am confused ! What speakers for my Yaqin Tube Amp??? Budget 1000£

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

After reading a lot of reviews, comments on multiple websites, I am now very confused, I have a Yaqin MC-100B Custom tube amp, my type of music is mainly Rock but I like also Blues and I am looking for a new pair of speakers around 1000£

I had few ideas (Kef Q700, B&W 684, Spendor A5, etc...) but I'm definitely opened to get new ones ! :)

Thanks in advance

I would suggest the A5's are not sensitive enough for your amp. The 684's should be fine.

Are you prepared to look at second hand speakers? If you are could I suggest a pair of PMC FB1's - some on a well known auction site at the moment for £750 - these should suit your amp very nicely and can be used close to a rear wall if necessary.

A

Anonymous

Totem Arros should work well for the type of music you like.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
SDIESEL77:
Hi,

After reading a lot of reviews, comments on multiple websites, I am now very confused, I have a Yaqin MC-100B Custom tube amp, my type of music is mainly Rock but I like also Blues and I am looking for a new pair of speakers around 1000£

I had few ideas (Kef Q700, B&W 684, Spendor A5, etc...) but I'm definitely opened to get new ones ! :)

Thanks in advance

Which mode are you going to run this in, ultra-linear or triode state?

Whichever mode it will be i would look at speakers with an absolute minimum of 90db sensitivity. You could use speakers below this rating but you will put the amp and ultimately the tubes under duress which will be going off like crackers at the Chinese new year celebration.

A

Anonymous

SDIESEL77:Yep, I can't really exceed my budget and am looking for floor standers only.Totem Arros are floorstanders. If you google Totem Arro to find the dealers you may find some prices within your budget - Moorgate have some nice looking secondhand ones at £729. You may also be able to get demo models at close to your budget.

davemartin01

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Total curve ball product I heard a couple of years ago before I went active.. the Icon Audio MFV 3 floor stander. Designed totally from the ground up to use with valves. Sounded pretty good with my rock and blues!

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
I went to a shop near my home and they are offering me a pair of B&W CM7, demo models, 5months old, for £780 the pair. What do you think about it?

Should I go for them or should I wait for a other speakers?

Thanks for the tips on the Dali, I have never heard them but I have to say I am definitely not a big fan of the shape and color :p

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Just to end this topic that I have opened. I bought a pair of B&W 683 after many listening sessions and I have to say I am fully delighted with them !!!
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts