i am chinese ,many foreigners come to my audio store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Furthermore, I think this idea that British ears are more demanding is getting a bit old hat now as well. Yes, we 'generally' seem to engineer our products to have a warmer, more mellifluous sound but can it really be said that this is 'better' or is it just different? Which approach is actually closest to the sound of live performance? To my ears, the Japanese kit can often sound more accurate. The British sound can be very easy listening and I still often read of people describing Japanese seperates as being tiring to listen to. I would personally suggest that listening to music at home should require the same effort as listening live. The soft, wall-paper approach only leads to music becoming purely for background rather than an entertainment and discourse in itself.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[[quote user="Fraziel"]Brits are well known for being very fussy about hi fi.[/quote]

I thought your Cambridge Audio is made in China!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matthewpiano"]I've got acquaintances who won't consider Chinese products like Shanling CD players because they don't bear one of the 'great old British names'.[/quote]

When in fact quite a lot of those 'great old British names' are in fact made in China these days!

matthewpiano

[quote user="Thaiman"][[quote user="Fraziel"]Brits are well known for being very fussy about hi fi.[/quote] I thought your Cambridge Audio is made in China![/quote]

Quite a bit of 'British' hi-fi is made in China now including Audiolab, Quad, and Wharfedale, but the design and engineering side of it takes place in the UK. The Cambridge Audio stuff is designed in the UK by ex Arcam, Creek etc. engineers but built abroad for cost reasons.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="olddiamond"]i am hifi lover and i am also an english lover [/quote]

Welcome to this forum

Don't worry about your English. I live here and my English is not brilliant (particularly spelling!)

What kind of music is popular with your Hifi buying (Chinese) customers?

Do you get the same kind of arguments with regards to the merits of cables and other accessories?

Given that you have a hifi shop, what in your experience is your favourite hifi set up?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"]Do you get the same kind of arguments with regards to the merits of cables and
other accessories?[/quote]

LOL..... go for knock out blow ant? The word "snake oil" can be trace back to Chinese manufacture....I can firmly said that most of Far east hifi lovers listen to more cables than hardwares :)

A

Anonymous

Heaven help us, we're back on that subject again! LOL.

OldDiamond you are most welcome! Please forgive the ruder among us. Not everyone is raised with good manners. I for one, think it's an excellent thing to have a chance to talk to you and learn from you.

So, what are the top Chinese makes? Perhaps we should soon start to see them over here? After all, with a middle class in China equivalent in size to the entire population of the United States, I'm sure you've started producing good hi-fi for your own market. I have no doubt that at the top end, the best of yours is a match for the best of our.

Looking forward to hearing more about it.

A

Anonymous

hifi does not enjoy a long history in china, because after all it belongs to something like luxuries , not all the people can afford it, but it is the fact that hifi lovers are increasing ,and the hifi market are developing very fast when people's lives are becoming better. every year the manufacturers will bring out a great deal of new products. in the early stage of these manufacturers, they often immitate the famous sound of world, including english sound, but as time goes, in recent years, many chinese hifi makers have developed their own distinctive sound, and the "chinese sound" are in the making. espeacially when these manufacturers want to develop abroad, they often design their product with special chinese cultural characteristics, internally & externally. for example "opera",a lot foreigners like this , and chinese people like this too. a few days ago, two germen bought two "droplet" cd players here, it is opera's new product.

for the hottest setup of hifi in china, many hifi lovers like dynaudio , and many chinese magazines give it high remark. because its sound is neutrual and dynamic. still many others like atc , for the same reason. harbeth, creek...... the sweet and warm english speakers and amplifiers also have many followers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]I never been to China and for those who say they build a rubbish hifi then you do know very little my friend.

Jolida, Shanling and Dussun are to name but a few of a classy, highly rated hifi brands.

The CD-T300 I heard sounded as good as any I ever demo before.
and the lead bit is below the belt Mr.P.[/quote]

Hey it was a joke! and I think he took it the right way too, with big grin;)

A

Anonymous

Ni Hao Old diamond,

I don't believe that there is such a thing as the "British Sound" or the XYZ sound, but just marketing, they are just boxes of electronics that's it, you don't buy boxes they have part for the UK, or boxes parts the are for Germany, USA, Asia, parts and parts, for example, listen to a Montior Audio then listen to a Neat, which has this so called British sound? I don't know because the sound polar opposites of each other, the only sound there is to me is excellent, average, or poor, luckily it is so competitive and a small market that not many poor products exists, just products that arn't to ones taste.

My friend designs class D amplifiers and is Chinese to, it is excellent, his audio knowledge is out of this world, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Chinese products as far as I am concerned, I don't like the looks but sonically they are right up there I feel.

A

Anonymous

Chinese High-End hi fi is the absolute "all time bargain" I have imported from Hong Kong & China:- Cayin, Doge, Xindax. All with stunning build quality, point to point wiring, Europeon design,stonking sounds, at bargain basement prices! I still retain my Linn of course but have sold my Naim amps. to upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS