i am chinese ,many foreigners come to my audio store

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am chinese ,and i run a audio store in my hometown, (changchun,northeastern china),many foreigners work here.
emotion-5.gif
many of them are germen ,they often come to my store and buy some hifi staff, they say the very same thing if sold in their home , the price is much higher , sometimes 3~4 times ,so they like my store very much,they buy the hifi staff here and transport them to home ,and it is still very cheap.

the more interesting things is that what they bought are always made in germany , made in england ,haha,cross half of the earth,here they are possible to buy the most expensive ones,and they do

A

Anonymous

here the time is 9 o'clock ,and in europe the time is 1o'clock , so many of you are sleeping ,right ?hehehe

A

Anonymous

You miss one crucial point and that is that although the make is the same, the separates are tuned differently for each country. Brits are well known for being very fussy about hi fi. Possibly the fussiest around which is why a lot of hi fi separates are re tuned for the british market so that it is suitable for the british ear. You may laugh at the price difference but the stuff you listen to sounds poor compared to what we listen to.

A

Anonymous

yes, many of us are. and so will you shortly. what is your point? you seem a bit odd frankly. i feel a little sorry for you.

A

Anonymous

you mean the products which made for chinese market are sound rubbish?! the point goes to the extreme,maybe the manufacturer may tune their products before they sell them to chinse market,that is possible,but you can not say the hifi in china is sound rubbish ,and all of you are "golden ear" , this is really extreme and sounds harsh to my ear.

i did not find any kind exploitation from this ,i do not mean that, 20years before some chinese may think in this way , but now nobody will do that,that is only your belief

A

Anonymous

i do not have a point ,i just say a fact,is that bad?and christmas is arriving,the foreigners also increase

A

Anonymous

Every hi fi manufacturer around the world recognises that the british are exceptionally fussy when it comes to hi fi and demand a higher standard that the rest of the world, even including the U.S.

The hi fi you sell in china will not be tuned to the same level as the same stuff available in the U.K. No , we do not have a "golden ear" but we do have better sounding hi fi than that available in China. That is a fact.

A

Anonymous

it maybe true, i have never been to uk,and it is not possible to investigate it,but it is not a matter of who is more superior than the others ,right? in china,there are many foreign hifi brands here, the impression of english sound for me is warm,sweet,very pleasant to ear.i once own a pair of AE200 ,not bad

A

Anonymous

The hifi in Britain is better because it is lead free;)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I never been to China and for those who say they build a rubbish hifi then you do know very little my friend.

Jolida, Shanling and Dussun are to name but a few of a classy, highly rated hifi brands.

The CD-T300 I heard sounded as good as any I ever demo before.
and the lead bit is below the belt Mr.P.

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the fourm OldDiamond. Always good to get another countries perspective on things. Changchun looks like a pretty big city (on Google maps at least!)

jules.

A

Anonymous

changchun is the capital city of jilin province,hehe,middle size city among the province capital cities. yes, as far as i know ,some our brands have their overseas market, these are the brands that you hear of, but there are also some brands that dont sell overseas, their quality are equally good. some of these even dont have a english name

my cd player is jolida jd100, amplifier is G&W , speaker is master audio, have you heard of these before?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, welcome aboard olddiamond, and good to hear the way you see the hi-fi market. Having visited China a few times I have been constantly amazed at the range of equipment available in some shops - and the prices!

Ignore some of the strange remarks and stereotypical generalisations some people post here - it's a combination of British sense of humour, some 'lost in translation' - how good are they at typing in Chinese languages?!!- and some old prejudices.

Hope you continue to enjoy the forums.

A

Anonymous

thank you for your support. i am hifi lover and i am also an english lover , i studied english for sometime when i was in college , language is just a tool , the more important thing is western culture , and the music and the hifi world are also part of the culture.

in my home , hifi equipments from a lot of countries are sold here , every conutry's sound has their own speacial characteristics and followers. i dont know the situation of uk.

forum is just a place for free talk , that's the same in china, i am very glad to hear your views , wonderful experience

A

Anonymous

just like many many foreigners in china,when you ask them , why do you come here? .... many of them would say : oh i like chinese culture,hehehe , so it is just the same, konwledge of western culture always offer me another angle to know the world...so i keep know more about it .

the topic is becoming biger and biger... hehehe

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Mr. odddiamond, I think you should use the word Tourist rather than foreigners. Don't ask me why....it's just the way it is :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Think that may be overly PC sensitivity, Thai. When in China we are foreigners, simple as that, and the term doesn't have any perjoraritive sense.

I have no problem as being referred to as 'gaijin' in Japan, even though it's been taken up by some right-wingers there as being a term of scorn.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Mr E...I have no problem at all but reading the earler posts it seem like someone could take "that word" in a wrong way. I am a foreigner here in UK and when I go back to Thailand I also a foreigner because I have a british passport.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes I know - I was a bit surprised people jumped on his use of the 'foriegner' word quite so rapidly, and the old RoHS jibe appeared quite so quickly.

And not looking forward to my next visit to Japan - in past have gone through the Japanese nationals immigration queue when travelling with my wife, but in future I have to stand in line to be photographed and fingerprinted. Just like the States.

Oh joy...

A

Anonymous

is the word foreigners wrongly used? not all the foreigners come to china just for travel,some come to work here.so not all of them are tourists , what is the most appropriate title then ?

i sorry if i have made some mistake

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not at all, Olddiamond - your use is absolutely correct, for the reasons you say.

It's just that some people in the UK feel that the word 'foreigners' has bad overtones, as it is sometimes used here incorrectly to describe British citizens of different ethnic backgrounds, and by some people with certain political leanings in the same way to describe those who have migrated to this country to work.

But no, you use the term completely correctly in its literal sense.

A

Anonymous

rather clear!! in chinese, we always call foreigners "lao wai" , this is the mostly used title when we encounter a foreigner , this title always express our feeling of respect,a friend from abroad,at the same time some kind of novelty, but i can swear , it donest carry any little bad meaning.

the situation in china is very simple,not complicated,we are very friendly to every foreigners,nomatter where you come from

matthewpiano

I think some very dated views still hold in hi-fi and this assertion that British is best is more than a little inflexible. The truth is that there is very good hi-fi being made in many different regions of the world and manufacturers are producing diverse sounding equipment to cater for all sorts of tastes.

Even at a mainstream level, I can't believe the snobbery that still seems to abound about Japanese hi-fi compared to British kit and even now, I've got acquaintances who won't consider Chinese products like Shanling CD players because they don't bear one of the 'great old British names'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts