I also need Prof help (and John D) - Re Apple Wireless Music Solution

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
emotion-1.gif

I've decided that I don't trust SB (not reliable enough) and I can't bare Sonos remote control, so the next step is Apple!

I've got IPhone and I love the interface, so the question is how to build something similiar to Sonos with Apple technology.

If I get Apple TV (connected to my main amp via digital) + AirPort Express (as second zone) can I control this in a similar way to Sonos to have music playing in one zone or both (I think it's possible), or different music playing in zone 1 and different in zone 2 (I think it's not possible)?

I would be greatful if you could give me few tips how it work. Cheers!

John Duncan

The key to this is setting up multiple libraries on your iPhone Remote - then you can control them separately. Since Apple TV has its own storage, it's a library in itself and can therefore be controlled separately from an iTunes library running on another PC to feed the Airport Express.

Course, you're stuck with the limited storage of the Apple TV for one of the libraries, until Apple add support for USB storage (please)......

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks John

So if I use only AppleTV + IPhone + Airport Express I can have music playing in either one zone or multiple zones with limitation that it has to be the same music.. And If I want to stream different music to different zones than I need more than I library (AppleTV + PC for examples).

I think it's good enough for me.. and yes having music on AppleTV means that there is a HDD size limit, but 160GB (probably around 200CDs in loseless) should be enough for me for the time being and by the time I fill it with music hopefully there will be a better cheaper solution
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts