Humax HDR 1100s

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
If I bought a new recorder, it would replace my Foxsat HDR, which would obviously be disconnected, so would I be able to watch all the stored programmes on my current Foxsat HDR just by plugging it in to a spare HDMI socket on my telly, please?

Is it likely that I can transfer these programmes to my new recorder, by the way? I guess the answer's No.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm no expert but i can't see no reason why you shouldn't be able to watch your recordings via HDMI, it's not sky, and i'm guessing the answer to your last question is no, maybe daveh75 will be along shortly to confirm this.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

When I went away on holiday last year I was able to watch my recorded programmes without a satellite feed, so it should be possible.

As for copying them to your new recorder, I'm not sure, but I know it's possible to transfer Sky recordings from and old box to a new one, so it may be possible. I don't have the technical know-how to help you though, sorry.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, guys, I expect that we'll work our way through the recordings, deleting as we go, till it's empty. Might trying to copy recordings across be construed as ripping, therefore illegal, I wonder? Not going to do it, anyway.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys, I finally got round to changing over Humaxes, and we're watching from the old Foxsat via HDMI with no probs. To be honest, I, also, thought that I should be able to watch this way, but didn't want to be excommunicated

Still getting used to the new 500GB 1100S, but are missing the front display, which shows channel/programme title, and elapsed time. Will have to check with Humax re the USB socket at the rear. As it's got both wifi and ethernet, it can't be for upgrades? Perhaps it's for HDD drives? Manual gives no info, doesn't even show it in the rear panel connections diagram.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, SiUK, that's what Humax told me. It would have been helpful if this info could have been included in the manual, though. Compared to the manual of my Foxsat, it's very poor. They seem to have concentrated on the pretty pictures of screen shots, but there's no comprehensive diagram of the rear panel with connection identification, hence my uncertainty over the usb socket.

I've just read your post on internet connecting with your 1100s, and I'm glad it didn't happen to me, I'd be stuck!. Fortunately I only used the wifi.

However, I'm hoping my 1100s will be as trouble - free as my Foxsat.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
SiUK said:
The rear USB is for USB/HHD drives. I have a self powered Toshiba 500Gb plugged into mine (transferred from my old Humax)

Before I start scrabbling around behind the TV etc., can I check if I understand correctly? I could plug my USB powered HDD into this socket and access it's content (homemade videos) through the box for viewing on the TV screen?

There seems to be a rear USB just above the ethernet socket, and also one of the side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts