Humax FoxSat HDR - My thoughts

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I have had a Humax Foxsat HDR installed since Christmas Eve. I am giving it a few days to get use to it but will be posting my views shortly. Watch this space!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Will do.

Perhaps I can stick a link in the User Review to this thread.....might act as a way to get people into the forums.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Its still early days though PJ.

There's a long bug list and a huge list of feedback requests over at digital spy.

Humax have already said they are planning some major upgrades in the future for the box including the addition of some very advanced features.

So not in any way putting you off your review, but just saying bear in mind after the next update the box might be very different to its current form.

eg. I know there have been requests for a way of editing clips in post to remove adverts before / during / after recordings. Whether or not this will make it in I don't know but it seems there maybe some major changes on the way.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Understood. My views will be based on product as is and compared to my experiences with the Humax 9200T - an excellent product IMO.

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
I too will post a user review of my Foxsat HDR soon - I ordered one through an employer discount scheme via Equanet suspiciously priced at £218 and I had a delivery date of 9th Jan but it arrived on 22nd Dec so I've already filled it up with Christmas tat and a bunch of BBC HD stuff that I probably don't really want to watch.

First impressions are generally very good with the odd niggle here and there - I must look at the feedback list on DigitalSpy as the biggest problem for me so far is the inability to delete files while it's recording which seems like a glaring oversight

Now I just need to check my statement that I have actually just been charged £218 as promised.

Tonestar1

Hi,

I have a sky connection in my new build flat. Can anyone tell me if it's just a matter of wiring up a Foxsat myself to the connection or do I need to pay something(no idea how much) to someone(no idea who) to give me Freesat HD?

Cheers

daveh75

yes you can connect up to the connections in your new flat. yes you will get freesat hd, and no you wont have to pay anyone!

one thing to take into account though, does your flat have twin feeds for satellite? It should as it's new build,as ideally you need 2 feeds for the humax as it has twin tuners, it will work from only one feed, but with limited functionality

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I've just relented and tacked a few of my own on. A couple of typos but I'm sure you'll forgive me as there's no edit function.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts