How to import CDs from iTunes to TIDAL - is this possible?

btlancaster24

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
Is it possible to import old personal cds from my iTunes library that are not available on streaming services to TIDAL for personal listening? TIDAL is the only streaming service I subscribe to. All feedback much appreciated.

Is it possible to import old personal cds from my iTunes library that are not available on streaming services to TIDAL for personal listening? TIDAL is the only streaming service I subscribe to. All feedback much appreciated.
No. I think you'll find tidal and other streaming services are just that, you have no ability to change or add what is available.
Copying your files onto a USB or memory card is, of course, possible but not sure what you have to listen to Tidal audio on, is it a mobile phone?

btlancaster24

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
I don't have my CDs (which I loaded via Apple USB SuperDrive into iTunes on my iMac) on my iPhone. Nor do I have enough space on my iPhone to do so. So, streaming is my preference.

daveh75

Not sure if it's still available as a standalone subscription* but iTunes match would allow you to stream your iTunes Library, or swap to Apple Music which includes Match.

*This Apple support article suggests that it is still available standalone, but there's no mention of pricing (used to be £25 per year IIRC) and they're clearly pushing people towards Apple Music now (for obvious reasons)

Last edited:

daveh75

No. I think you'll find tidal and other streaming services are just that, you have no ability to change or add what is available.

Actually, Apple Music (via iTunes Match) and Google Play/YouTube Music allow you to upload and stream your own libraries in addition to their own catalogue.

Also Spotify will allow you to import your own library, and sync it across devices, though it doesn't upload/stream your files, they're still stored locally and Spotify just acts an interface/player for them.

But it does mean their catalogue and your library are all available in one app/interface...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts