How to control Cocktail Audio streamer with MusicX App

lusoaudiophile

Apr 20, 2022
Visit site
Hello all.
I bought a Cocktail Audio N25 a few days ago. I am strugling to understand, how can I control it with the MusicX Neo APP. I installed the APP, however the APP can't find the server.

The server is connected to the router with an Ethernet Cable. The server is only on that wired connection. I have not bought the brand's WiFi dongle.
With my tablet connected to my home network, by WiFi, is there a way he can find the server on my home network? Or it can only be found, if I buy the WiFi dongle, so that the server can also connect by WiFi to my home network?

It can seem to be a foolish question, but I am not a network expert, not even close...

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
It's not a silly question.

Whether it's wired or WiFi. It should be visible to the router.

First, try logging in to your router, to see if you can see the N25.
You may need to change some settings on the N25 (unlikely) if it cannot be seen by the router.

If it can be seen. Then check the settings on the Neo app.

Try it..

Reactions: lusoaudiophile

lusoaudiophile

Apr 20, 2022
Visit site
Hello,
It's not a silly question.

Whether it's wired or WiFi. It should be visible to the router.

First, try logging in to your router, to see if you can see the N25.
You may need to change some settings on the N25 (unlikely) if it cannot be seen by the router.

If it can be seen. Then check the settings on the Neo app.

Try it..
I went to the router, and on the LAN connections, the N25 server is not displayed. So it seems that this is the issue. However, it shows on the N25 display, on the network info, an IP Address that was given by the router to the server. I can listen to Internet Radio. However, the N25 server is not shown as connected to my LAN, by Ethernet, on my CHITA-Hub 5 router.

Any toughts on this?

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
I'll try not to be geeky :)

As you can receive internet radio. The network hardware connection is OK.

You quote that you can see the IP address on the N25.
Is it possible to enter this IP address in to the app?

I have an Onkyo TX RZ800 receiver, and sometimes that refuses to be seen on by the control app (which is rubbish)
I find that a power on/off (removing the power lead) solves this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts