How To Connect My TV to the HiFi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All.

I found this place via Google as i was looking for an answer to a wee question i'd like too ask. My goodmans lcd tv hasnt got decent sound, so came up with the idea of using the hi-fi which is close to it for that extra bit of sound. trouble is i'm not sure how i'd go about it. I know i have 2 pairs of red/white sockets on the back off the tv and a unopened pack off red/white leads that just have bare wire on the other end. But i'm not sure what other leads i'll need or even which channel i would put it on, or what else too do. I watch everything through a sky digital+ box.. Any advice/tips welcome!

Maureen

A

Anonymous

HI!, Thanks for reply but upon looking at hi-fi, i dont seem to have an aux input..

A

Anonymous

yeah ive got a block of 6. 3 white, 3 red. and also got some that you just put bare wire into for speakers.

If i was to use them red/white cables would i need to put it into back off tv and can you buy double ended cables...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Mauren63:
yeah ive got a block of 6. 3 white, 3 red. and also got some that you just put bare wire into for speakers.

If i was to use them red/white cables would i need to put it into back off tv and can you buy double ended cables...

The red and white cables are analogue cables/stereo interconnects. If you connect one end from your Sky + box and the other to a spare input of your hifi, you should be good to go.

I should add that you could then disable the sound through the LCD so that you only hear the sound from your hifi.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Mauren63:

Yeah. If you have red/white sockets on the back of the TV for audio output (sometimes called RCA or Phono connections), and another spare pair of red/white sockets on your hifi for audio input. You need a connector like the one you already have, but with the red/white plugs on both ends. Make sure it's long enough to reach between the TV and HiFi too!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The cable you need looks like this:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts