How to connect Arcam rPac to Windows 7 PC

billbruen

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been given an rPAC, as a present, but for the life of me cannot see how to connect it to my PC, so that I can play music through my PC speakers.

I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme soundcard, which outputs to a Corsair SP2500 powered Speaker system.

Don't tell me I now have to go buy a separate amp?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
billbruen said:
I've been given an rPAC, as a present, but for the life of me cannot see how to connect it to my PC, so that I can play music through my PC speakers.

I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme soundcard, which outputs to a Corsair SP2500 powered Speaker system.

Don't tell me I now have to go buy a separate amp?

You plug it into your computer via a USB cable and plug the phono outputs into either your existing powered speakers or your HiFi. If I'm being honest you wouldn't appear to need it seeing you already have a Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme. Essentially they do the same job, because your Soundblaster is also a DAC.

billbruen

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for you comment......

The Corsair speakers use ATX4 connectors, which makes things tricky.....

Are you saying that the Soundblaster DAC provides similar quality to the rPAC?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Surely the sound input on your speakers is a common 3.5mm TRS jack, because that's the only kind of analogue output on your Soundblaster? You've not said what model the PC speakers are, so it's difficult to advise further. I don't know which will sound best to be honest. I have no experience of PCI DACs. You'd expect the a £150 rPAC to wipe the floor with a £35 PCI soundcard. 'Try it and see' is the best option I guess.. You can always sell it on I suppose if you can't hear any differnce on your speakers.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Totally missed that lol. Was trying to stop my two kids from murdering each other at the same time so that's my excuse.

Seems to have phono inputs by the looks of it.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
billbruen said:
Thanks for you comment......

The Corsair speakers use ATX4 connectors, which makes things tricky.....

Are you saying that the Soundblaster DAC provides similar quality to the rPAC?

Those connectors/cables are for connecting the sats to the sub. The DAC connects to the sub with a 3.5mm jack to stereo RCA cable which is supplied with the speakers.

FWIW keep the rPAC and sell the soundcard, Creatives drivers are regarded as being somewhat buggy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts