How to Build 5.1 Home Theatre System Using Existing Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been and still am using my Muscial Fidelity A3 dual mono integrated amplifier to drive a pair of Wharfedale Pacific P1-10. Now I am itching to set up a 5.1 home theatre system.

After reading lots and auditioning some, I am keen to purchase (a) Denon AVR2310, (b) Monitor Audio RX6, and (c) Monitor Audio centre speaker and to maintain my budget at GBP1800.

What I am unsure of is whether this set-up will work with my existing pair of Wharfedale speakers (as the rear speakers). I have been told that the rear speakers are not as important as ensuring that the front and centre speakers are aligned sonically.

Given my budget and the choices above, I will be missing a subwoofer. I am thinking of buying that some time later and have shortlisted B&W ASW160 and Velodyne CHT-8R.

In sum, I will appreciate advice on whether:-

1. My combination of Denon AVR plus MA speakers plus Wharfedale speakers work?

2. I have read that Yamaha AVRs match better with MA speakers. Has anyone done that comparison?

3. With my budget of GBP1800, is there any possibility of setting up a complete 5.1 home theatre speaker utilising the existing pair of Wharfedale speakers?

Thank you in advance for your advices. Truly looking forward to receiving the advices.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
It will work for the time being, then i would go for the MA speakers and as an alternative to the Denon i would look at the Yamaha RX-V2065, they do work extremely well with MA and seem to be carrying on from last success. Prices are now around the same as the Denon at £699, and i think its a step up from the 2310. As for sub you can't beat the BK Monolith for price as long as you don't mind having another coffee table in your lounge.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Lobby for your prompt response and useful insights.

Honestly speaking, I am NOT totally fixated with my choices of Denon AVRs and MA speakers and am open to the advice from others. The Yahama RXV2065 as I understand it is probably more on par with Denon AVR3310. I will certainly audition both and see how they fit into my budget.

At the rate things go, I suspect I will have to postpone the purchase of a sub-woofer till later and focus more on acquiring the front 3 speakers and an AVR.

A

Anonymous

I am running some RX1's without a sub at the moment and tehy sound good with out the sub, until I buy another.

I am sure the RX6s will have enough for now, Mine are currently running with a 1910, not as poewerful as the 2310, but it goods very good, not to bright but very precise.

I have auditioned the RXV1065 and will be considering a change to a Yamaha in the near future.

Go for a gloss finish, they look cool, and as I did I am sure the dealer will give you a discount, while the sales are on.

A

Anonymous

Markjaspi, thank you for your post. Good to know that you have been enjoying your pair of MA speakers and are in the process of upgrading your existing set-up by adding a subwoofer and a new AVR. Congratulations to you in advance. I am sure you are excited.

Just curious, why are you thinking of switching from Denon to Yamaha?

Very tempted by the gloss finish but suspect they are harder to maintain and that the surface may leave finger prints.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts