How much can a CDplayer change the sound of a cd

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Even if you running your music through a av amp(denon1909) can changing a cdplayer make a big differance.

I have a CA 640h and i am toying with idea of getting a £250-£300 cd player of another brand and running the pair the CA for when i have guests so i play my playlists as i can run it all day without a repeat but when i fancy a whole album put the cd in. The main issue with my sound at the minute is that my bass is a touch boomy. I know a simple thing is to buy a stereo amp but my mrs love the surround on when listening to mtv or various music channels. And i would need to buy some fronts (Br2's£225plus stands)then to go with my Br centre and Br1's. got my holidays and then chrismas so im just after a little improvement to get my into next year thanks a bunch for any info.I am going to add that my denon1909 is 7.1 and i can use the surrounds to bi-wire but i cant see helping.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
CD players can make an enormous difference.
Even though it's processing in the digital domain, a cheap and nasty CD transport will introduce reading errors due to poor optics, sub-standard mechanics, etc, and will cause the error correction circuits built into all players to "repair" the signal on the fly, so to speak, with varying amounts of success.
Onboard DACs vary in quality as well.
All CD players do not sound the same, despite what the salesman in Currys tell you (!).
However, a reasonably built transport will usually deliver excellent results without the need to blow thousands of pounds.
I guess it's a question of taking your favourite CD down to your local dealer and test driving a few out to find one to suit your ears and your wallet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts