How does UV light affect speakers?

MK96

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I have an early 90s sony hi-fi hooked up to some 80s sony speakers. I have heard in the past that direct UV light is bad for speakers but recently I wanted to teprorarily move my system outside on a sunny day. With this in mind, I ensured that my system was in complete shade and out of direct UV light. When I went to move my speakers back inside I noticed that the right side of one of my speaker's cabinets was quite hot. The sun had obviously moved around since I had positioned them. The rest of the speaker was not hot at all, just the right side of the cabinet. I am worrying to what extent this will have damaged my speakers.

D

Deleted member 116933

MK96 said:
I have an early 90s sony hi-fi hooked up to some 80s sony speakers. I have heard in the past that direct UV light is bad for speakers but recently I wanted to teprorarily move my system outside on a sunny day. With this in mind, I ensured that my system was in complete shade and out of direct UV light. When I went to move my speakers back inside I noticed that the right side of one of my speaker's cabinets was quite hot. The sun had obviously moved around since I had positioned them. The rest of the speaker was not hot at all, just the right side of the cabinet. I am worrying to what extent this will have damaged my speakers.

One day won't hurt it takes a few months to do.....

wouldn't worry about it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts