how does Remote Control Extender work?

hustons

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a speaker in my bathroom, but when I want to play music, I have to go to the living room. Is there any remote control extender which can achieve this?
I have saw such one named Remote Control Extender for DVD IPTV Fans, seem like this device can achieve this.
It says that the Emitter Range: 5-10CM, so that is enough for me to conrtrol this speaker in my bathroom.
But, how dose this thing work? There are many output out there and should I buy a new remote control?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Firstly, just need to check how this is setup. Is this speaker in the bathroom currently connected to your hifi in the living room i.e. if you currently go into the living room and play music, can you then change it to play music from the speaker in the bathroom?

If so, I take it what you're after is a way of being able to change what music is playing in the bathroom without having to go back into the living room?

hustons

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to set up a remote control system because i think that I can enjoy the music when I take a long time bath, and i can control the songs without go out the bathroom.

This Remote Control Extender for DVD IPTV Fans seem can enable me to control the player even in far distance, but I don't know how to set it.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, from that I'm going to assume you already can play music from the bathroom speakers and control it with your existing remote. In which case, what you need is more like this one, which means you put the transmitter unit in the bathroom and the receiver in the living room so it has line of sight to your hifi. You can then point your remote at the transmitter unit in the bathroom and send commands wirelessly to the receiver unit, which then emits these commands towards your hifi, controlling your music.

I'd imagine the main issue with this is getting power safely to the unit in the bathroom though, so you'll need to come up with a solution for this.

tomolo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how that one is used, but this seems more like what you're after: Wireless Infrared IR Remote Extender, 100M, Black

The extender comes as a pair. Place the Ir transmitter aimed at the equipment you wish to operate. Use the IR receiver in your bathroom and point your remote. The IR receiver converts the IR from the remote to an RF signal which can penetrate walls, to your IR transmitter, which converts the signal back to IR. Like any IR device, line-of-sight is required between your equipment and Tx, and between your remote and RX. I suggest buying a cheap universal remote for bathroom use to prevent damage to your OEM remotes due to some unfortunate mishap involving water. Edit: After re-reading your post, can you elaborate on the speaker? Is is self powered with a remote? I need a coffee!

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
hustons said:
I want to set up a remote control system because i think that I can enjoy the music when I take a long time bath, and i can control the songs without go out the bathroom.

Just make sure that lit candles are a safe distance from flammable objects

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
tomolo said:
Not sure how that one is used, but this seems more like what you're after: Wireless Infrared IR Remote Extender, 100M, Black

The extender comes as a pair. Place the Ir transmitter aimed at the equipment you wish to operate. Use the IR receiver in your bathroom and point your remote. The IR receiver converts the IR from the remote to an RF signal which can penetrate walls, to your IR transmitter, which converts the signal back to IR. Like any IR device, line-of-sight is required between your equipment and Tx, and between your remote and RX. I suggest buying a cheap universal remote for bathroom use to prevent damage to your OEM remotes due to some unfortunate mishap involving water. Edit: After re-reading your post, can you elaborate on the speaker? Is is self powered with a remote? I need a coffee!

Are my posts invisible? ;)

TRENDING THREADS