How do you organise your music files?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I organse my collection as 'albums' with a playlist for each album.

I have three additional playlists that are basically big 'dumps' of favourite individual tracks (classical, jazz and 'other stuff') that I use in shuffle mode.

That's for music.

Obviously, for the bulk of my drama / documentary / comedy / history / podcast content (on a completely seperate iTunes and a seperate 'host' computer), everything is arranged as gapless 'albums' with playlists for each.

Music is hosted on iTunes on an iMac in ALAC and everything else is on another (Windows) computer ripped in 320k AAC VBR (for syncing to iPad and iPhone).

This works because I only ever listen to music in my home and barely (if ever) when i'm out.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Holy Thread Resurrection!!

But I'll comment anyway...

For Streamer (home): Artist/Album. Compilations (other than 'best ofs') are tagged as 'various' due to the number of different artists I would otherwise have tom scroll through. All are ALAC/FLAC/Hi-Res FLAC. There are a handful (LITERALLY) of AAC 256kbps from iTunes. All stored on WD MyBook Live NAS

For Mobile: iTunes AAC 320kbps VBR from my own CDs, or MP3 320kbps 'shrunk' from hi-res files with dbPoweramp. I did used to use ALAC but prefer the mobile stuff to be on my 64GB iPhone 5 or 64GB iPad, this is the only way it will fit. I do listen quite a bit while mobile.

TRENDING THREADS