how do you bridge a power amp

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, for a start you make sure it's one that's designed to be bridged.

Then it's usually a matter of switching off, flicking a switch to select bridged operation, then reconnecting your speakers to the two positive outputs of the two channels, which are now operating as the push and pull of the mono amp it's just become. Power up and you're away...

A

Anonymous

so two power amps both in bridge/mono one for the left speakers one for the right speaker= biamping

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nope. Two bridged stereo power amps = two monobloc power amps = single amping

Four bridged stereo power amps = four monobloc power amps = biamping

Or you could use two stereo amps, each in stereo mode, to biamp

A

Anonymous

can i use two power amp in stereo one fot each speaker with the y cables u advised las time

A

Anonymous

what happens if i connect all things correct as above with y interconnects but i swich the power amps to run in mono in mono ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't even understand the question now, but i suspect you'd either a) get no sound or b) grenade the amps. Why would you? You either use one input, switch the amp from stereo to bridged mono and do that, or you use the Ys, run them in stereo and biamp. Or am I missing something?

A

Anonymous

Mr Everard is that a bead of perspiration I note on your brow?

;-)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No calm cool and collected, but if he comes back and asks what happens if he uses the Y connector, bridges, connects mains voltage into the other set of speaker outputs and pours a bucket of water in through the ventilation grilles, I'm outta here!

:)

A

Anonymous

if i connect as u said with the y cables will i not be sending the right chanel to one amp and the left to the other ?if i then biamp by driving high frecuency with one amp and mid to low frecuency with the other i will be sending some of the right chanel sound to the left and some of the left tho the right? ???

A

Anonymous

dont hate me andrew i wouldnt hate u if u wouldnt understand how to make a sorbet with liquid hydrogen without frizing your fingers to -300

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]if i connect as u said with the y cables will i not be sending the right chanel to one amp and the left to the other ?if i then biamp by driving high frecuency with one amp and mid to low frecuency with the other i will be sending some of the right chanel sound to the left and some of the left tho the right? ???[/quote]

I think at this point I give up...

Oh, I think I can't. No, using the Y cables you can use one amp to drive left HF and LF, and the other to drive right HF and LF, or one to drive left and right HF, and the other to drive right and left LF.

I'd use the latter option, but if the power amps you're using have 'daisy-chain' outputs, you can connect to the HF amp, and then use standard interconnects to feed signal through to the LF amp, with no need for the Y-cables.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]dont hate me andrew i wouldnt hate u if u wouldnt understand how to make a sorbet with liquid hydrogen without frizing your fingers to -300[/quote]

Isn't dry ice or liquid nitrogen more common? Would have thought liquid hydrogen was a bit dangerous in a busy kitchen with all those naked flames...

A

Anonymous

it was a joke mate we use a pakojet u freeze to -25 and the titanium blades do the rest 1 portion of sorbet ready in 30 sec no liquid stuff u need a special licence for dat ! would a pre amp make tings easy ?( one with two pre outs ,so no y cables needed )( audiolab 8000Q for example )

A

Anonymous

OK THEN WE ARE DONE NO MORE ASKING Y CABLES MONO PLUTONIOUM CONNECTIONS

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts