how do i Play/Buy a 24bit/192 FLAC file of Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. i am looking to test out the sony f886 with a 24bit/192 FLAC file of billie jean by Michael Jackson as read on the recent review of the sony f886, where do i buy a 24bit/192 FLAC file of billie jean?

D

Deleted member 108165

Try HDtracks but you'll need a work-around to disguise your IP location address by using a proxy server, I think. As for the resolution unless it is a good remastered track you'll hear no difference whatsoever to a normal CD file. I've bought quite a few hi-rez albums from HDtracks and they sound no different to the remastered CD of the same album. Just my 2p's worth.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
DougK said:
Try HDtracks but you'll need a work-around to disguise your IP location address by using a proxy server, I think. As for the resolution unless it is a good remastered track you'll hear no difference whatsoever to a normal CD file. I've bought quite a few hi-rez albums from HDtracks and they sound no different to the remastered CD of the same album. Just my 2p's worth.

I can select my Country (Ireland) on HD tracks and download with no problems. I would have thought the same applies to UK!

D

Deleted member 108165

Nope, just tried it. I can view the site but cannot purchase, the following message appears: "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions". I always thought that HDtracks was only available for the US market hence the need for a work-around via a proxy server. However, if you can logon and purchase no problem then that's good news for you.

I have always had to employ covert tactics to purchase, but I believe I have read somewhere that even the method I used to employ doesn't work anymore with PayPal as this reveals your location, and they won't accept a UK credit card either. Doesn't bother me a great deal as I sincerely believe that the SQ of any decent CD album can easily match a hi-rez download of the same album.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Can't log-in

hdtracks for uk based customers is blocked for most albums. They were meant to be launching a uk site in March this year but still no news.

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
DougK said:

Well, IMHO they sound just a bit pumped and "spacey" compared to original recordings if the term makes sense. And this sadly often do loose focus to music. This, for example, doesn't happen with the Led Zeppelin first three records I bough from HDTracks: perfect remasters by old Jimmy, he always knows how to makes everything sound perfect.

Related with OP album: on HDTracks I just saw the 24/176 version.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:
Can't log-in

hdtracks for uk based customers is blocked for most albums. They were meant to be launching a uk site in March this year but still no news.

I just downloaded a track from HD this morning so there clearly isn't any restriction in Ireland. A strange situation given that we are usually last to get anything like this. I'm not using any "workarounds" and paid by credit card. In any case I just took a look at Qobuz which appears to be a good (if not better) option. At least you can downlaoad individual tracks.

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
aob9 said:
BigH said:
Can't log-in

I just downloaded a track from HD this morning so there clearly isn't any restriction in Ireland. A strange situation given that we are usually last to get anything like this. I'm not using any "workarounds" and paid by credit card. In any case I just took a look at Qobuz which appears to be a good (if not better) option. At least you can downlaoad individual tracks.

Same here in Italy, I can buy from HDTracks with my italian Paypal account, even if I also got - for any evenience - a US based credit card

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
MaxD said:
aob9 said:
BigH said:
Can't log-in

Same here in Italy, I can buy from HDTracks with my italian Paypal account, even if I also got - for any evenience - a US based credit card. SO maybe it is just restricted for england.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
aob9 said:
BigH said:
Can't log-in

yes but Ireland is not in uk

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
abacus said:
As the site accepts European countries payments, than it may be because their currency is the Euro (As is Southern Ireland) rather than the British Pound. Bill

i believe it's a licensing issue rather than currency. Some albums are available in uk, I think the doors were have not checked lately.

D

Deleted member 108165

Would agree. The last time I managed to purchase from the site I used my PayPal account but I was billed in US$.

Just checked to see if my stealth-route still works and it doesn't anymore, so seems that they must be tightening things up somewhat.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
DougK said:
Would agree. The last time I managed to purchase from the site I used my PayPal account but I was billed in US$.

Just checked to see if my stealth-route still works and it doesn't anymore, so seems that they must be tightening things up somewhat.

probably in prep for the uk site so they can fleece you for more money.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Anything potentially good we often seem to be last to get it. Even films. They wonder why film piracy is so rife when the States are getting films on DVD and BD that sometimes are just about hitting our cinema. It's not 1986 anymore, where we all piled round the house of the one guy in town whose TV and video could play 60Hz NTSC tapes, so we could watch films he'd imported from the States that we wouldn't get a sniff of here for another year at least. The internet and downloading has made everything accessible, but instead of the big companies celebrating the liberation it brings and opening-up the global market, they still try to operate prehistoric marketing models in an attempt bleed as many people dry as they can, then whine when they're apparently losing billions because of peer-to-peer sharing.

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not as if all of the music is new, I was looking at some of Dylan's music from 40 years ago wondering if hi-res was better but can't get it, no doubt when it is the $ & the £ will achieve parity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts