How do I get the best quality lossless rips?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently ripping some of my CD collection for putting onto SD card to play in my car 'stereo', and am also thinking of getting a NAS in order to stream music directly to my LX81 receiver.

1. Is there a way to do several passes of the CD during ripping in order to get a bit perfect copy?

2. Will my proposed setup of NAS and my receiver work?

3. Does the ripping to hard drive to attain a bit perfect copy work for video?- Is there a way to do this with Blu-rays?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Well I use EAC but several Rip progs including DB poweramp can also check accurip database to verify integrity of your copy.

If your receiver can see network devices i.e. NAS no probs

No idea about blu-ray im afraid

A

Anonymous

Considering it is free, EAC is hard to beat and is designed to give the best results, has built in support for FLAC and LAME MP3 encoding support as well as the Accurip stuff although it is slower compared to say Windows Media Player with regards to ripping time, but if you are archiving, the extra time/attention given to the ripping process is well worth it.

As for BluRay, the files are stored in a transport stream file format and do use error correction, but the discs are encrypted. I suggest you do a little research elsewhere regarding ways of ripping them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts