How do I connect all my kit via a AV Receiver??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI can someone give me a simple guide to doing this please. I have purchased a Panasonic TV with Freesat, I have Sky HD+ box, Blu-ray DVD, Nintendo Wii and a KEF speaker system.

I know I need to connect the Sky HD+ box in to the AV via HDMI cable and I also need to run a seperate Optical cable for the Digital sound from Sky Box to AV but how to I get the Freesat working? What cable do I use and where does it run from and where to?

None of my instruction manuals seems to cover tis kind of set up. Also what other cables do I need?????

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Assuming you have Freesat hooked up to a separate feed on the LNB, so you'll need three cables from the dish to the system - two for Sky, one for the TV - you should be able to run a digital audio connection from the TV to the receiver for audio.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew. No when they put the Sky in they only put in two two cables....so I'm guessing I'm stuffed then?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As ever, the_Large Hadron Collider is almost right: you'll need to run another cable to feed the Freesat tuner in the Panasonic, but also change the LNB - the receiver on the satellite dish - to a quad type if you only have a standard dual one. Each tuner needs a separate output from the LNB, but you may be lucky and find the Sky install used a quad one with a view to future multiroom use.

If it is only a dual one, you'll need a quad such as this fitted, and an extra cable run from it to the TV.

s022266.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks All. One last quick one. Anyone know where I can get a diagram that tells me which piece of kit goes in to which plug on my Yamaha AV (RXV765)? I know the instruction manual has some stuff but it would be easier if I just had a diagram relating to the specific equipment I want to plug in. Long shot, but I guess this is the place to ask?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AFAIK Sky always put a quad LNB in when installing Sky(HD)+, precisely for multi-room purposes (although some of us got an extra dish cos the second room was too far away from the original dish!
emotion-4.gif
). I think it's possible to get an 8-way LNB, although I've never seen one.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ammertime:Thanks All. One last quick one. Anyone know where I can get a diagram that tells me which piece of kit goes in to which plug on my Yamaha AV (RXV765)? I know the instruction manual has some stuff but it would be easier if I just had a diagram relating to the specific equipment I want to plug in. Long shot, but I guess this is the place to ask?

Arguably it doesn't actually matter what goes where, as far as HDMI is concerned I'd expect all the inputs to be equal. Might be wrong though, I'm not familiar with that particular amp.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ammertime:Thanks All. One last quick one. Anyone know where I can get a diagram that tells me which piece of kit goes in to which plug on my Yamaha AV (RXV765)? I know the instruction manual has some stuff but it would be easier if I just had a diagram relating to the specific equipment I want to plug in. Long shot, but I guess this is the place to ask?

Sky+HD connected as you have now. Blu-ray player HDMI to AV receiver. TV optical digital to receiver (if you have the Freesat feed already discussed, or Freeview via a conventional aerial, and want to watch using the TV's internal tuner rather than the Sky+HD box).

Wii: using the standard Wii output cable with composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (red/white), then composite video to the receiver, and analogue audio also to the receiver, to either AV5 or AV 6 input.

HDMI output from receiver to TV.

Speakers connected to appropriate outputs on the receiver - Front L/R/Centre/surround L/R, phono cable from subwoofer out on receiver to subwoofer.

proterra

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Dont know if you have a Panasonic Freesat TV but if you have then the Viera link will work with the RXV765. The Scene buttons can be set up as well so when you switch to TV on the AV amp then it will switch the TV to Freesat. So to change from DVD to TV you just press abutton on the amp.

A

Anonymous

I do. Its the TXP46G10 so it comes with Viera link so I'll give that a go.

Thanks all for decent advice as I've been trying other boards and it went far too technical for a technophobe like me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts