How Clear is Your Audio?? Yes yet another cable thread................

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="Eddy Current"][quote user="JAXON5"]
Hi folks. I've been busy testing a Clearer Audio Silver Line Power lead today and thought I'd share my findings. Quite an impressive cable out of the box and looks good (like that's really important but anyways)

[/quote]

Glad you like it but unless you are replacing a faulty one a new power lead won't change the sound of the equipment it's connected to. It's electronics, not black magic.

Regards Ed.

[/quote]

Bet Eddy daren't try one, he would probably choke on the massive portion of humble pie he would have to eat!!! Ha Ha ;-)

A

Anonymous

Ha ha indeed.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to post your findings Jaxon5.

jules.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jules153"]Thanks for taking the time to post your findings Jaxon5.

jules.
[/quote]

No probs
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hey Jaxon,

How's the mains cables going after a few weeks?

BTW may I ask what your system is?

ta

jules.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:As I've written on another thread, my QED SA XT speaker cable is much much better than some 6mm copper audiophile cable I bought. More detailed, more revealing and generally a huge step up. Cable nonbelievers take heed.

...And I have demo'd SA XT, compared to a 4mm generic cable, and I found the QED cable is a bass robber...

I prefer the generic (Van Damme) 4mm, and have stuck with it. Horses for courses.

*just realised I am replying to an older post... In any case one persons opinion, does not make the case either way, and that includes mine of course...

A

Anonymous

jules153:Hey Jaxon,

How's the mains cables going after a few weeks?

BTW may I ask what your system is?

ta

jules.

You there mate?

jules.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Jules. Haven't been on here as much last week or so! Ok, so, the Power cable is working really well. TBH haven't been switching to and from normal mains lead but haven't been disappointed in any way. Today I did some switching with the clearer audio silver line and the normal mains lead and the difference is stark. I'd say (without looking at my previous findings) the main difference is the ease at which you can listen to the music. The treble which can be a bit harsh on certain tracks( eg. on Amy Winehouse's - Back to Black)- this is no longer when the SL cable is used. The Background is definitely quieter too and there is a sense of airiness to the music - more open sounding - overall much less fatiguing. Delighted with the purchase as the differences (to me) are not subtle.

I got hold of a Music Works IEC last cable last week and though I haven't tested it properly, used in conjunction with the SL cable performance is enhanced yet further! I suppose this is the logical finding given I'm now satisfied a properly designed mains cable does work. Having a well designed mains cable at each point in the audio chain seems to enhance the beneficial effects accordingly.

To answer your last question: My system is: Primare cd21, Primare I21 (awaiting pre30 dleivery :)). Primare a30.2 (power amp), Proac studio 110, ecosse reference ms2.3 speaker cable, chord sig jumpers, VDH interconnects ( 1x 102mk3, 1 x 102mk3 silver jubilee), Clearer audio S/L and Music Works IEC mains cable.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If you find some tunes a bit harsh, then you should probably get rid of the Primare and buy Arcam.

Just a thought, what do you think JD?

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:If you find some tunes a bit harsh, then you should probably get rid of the Primare and buy Arcam.

And so the fightback begins..........
emotion-2.gif

I'll just go get my army....

A

Anonymous

Primare-A32_cam2.jpg

This is just one of our Battle stations with 3 front rotatory cannons. We'll KICK your butt friendo!

A

Anonymous

JAXON5:Sorry Jules. Haven't been on here as much last week or so! Ok, so, the Power cable is working really well. TBH haven't been switching to and from normal mains lead but haven't been disappointed in any way. Today I did some switching with the clearer audio silver line and the normal mains lead and the difference is stark. I'd say (without looking at my previous findings) the main difference is the ease at which you can listen to the music. The treble which can be a bit harsh on certain tracks( eg. on Amy Winehouse's - Back to Black)- this is no longer when the SL cable is used. The Background is definitely quieter too and there is a sense of airiness to the music - more open sounding - overall much less fatiguing. Delighted with the purchase as the differences (to me) are not subtle.

I got hold of a Music Works IEC last cable last week and though I haven't tested it properly, used in conjunction with the SL cable performance is enhanced yet further! I suppose this is the logical finding given I'm now satisfied a properly designed mains cable does work. Having a well designed mains cable at each point in the audio chain seems to enhance the beneficial effects accordingly.

To answer your last question: My system is: Primare cd21, Primare I21 (awaiting pre30 dleivery :)). Primare a30.2 (power amp), Proac studio 110, ecosse reference ms2.3 speaker cable, chord sig jumpers, VDH interconnects ( 1x 102mk3, 1 x 102mk3 silver jubilee), Clearer audio S/L and Music Works IEC mains cable.

Cheers Jaxon.

I find you post facinating. You obviously bought the mains lead with no prejudices and have had good results.

I'm doing some cable testing myself at the moment. Atlas Hyper 2.0 versus my old Cable Talk 3.1 (all single wire). To be honest the difference isn't that much. Just goes to show.

jules.

A

Anonymous

I was told by a hi-fi dealer that a good power cord is more important for low output devices such as CD players and pre-amps than power amps.

A

Anonymous

That's what i've found. Effect on power amp was questionable - Maybe beneficial (on power amp) if power cords on rest of system too but not tried it yet. I've one on each of cdp and pre only. Of course the results will vary a/c to quality of electronics, use of mains conditioners etc imho.

John Duncan

JoelSim:If you find some tunes a bit harsh, then you should probably get rid of the Primare and buy Arcam.

I think you should try some different tunes - can't be the Primare's fault.........
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:JAXON5:
Primare-A32_cam2.jpg

This is just one of our Battle stations with 3 front rotatory cannons. We'll KICK your butt friendo!

If ever a picture needed no words....

I know. damn it.

A

Anonymous

jules153:JAXON5:Sorry Jules. Haven't been on here as much last week or so! Ok, so, the Power cable is working really well. TBH haven't been switching to and from normal mains lead but haven't been disappointed in any way. Today I did some switching with the clearer audio silver line and the normal mains lead and the difference is stark. I'd say (without looking at my previous findings) the main difference is the ease at which you can listen to the music. The treble which can be a bit harsh on certain tracks( eg. on Amy Winehouse's - Back to Black)- this is no longer when the SL cable is used. The Background is definitely quieter too and there is a sense of airiness to the music - more open sounding - overall much less fatiguing. Delighted with the purchase as the differences (to me) are not subtle.

Cheers Jaxon.

I find you post facinating. You obviously bought the mains lead with no prejudices and have had good results.

I'm doing some cable testing myself at the moment. Atlas Hyper 2.0 versus my old Cable Talk 3.1 (all single wire). To be honest the difference isn't that much. Just goes to show.

jules.

Scrub that! After listening last night the Hyper gives a far more defined bass.

jules.

A

Anonymous

Good news! All these little improvements make obsessing worthwhile when you sit down and have a proper listening session! :)

TRENDING THREADS