how big is your dvd,hd-dvd and blu-ray collections

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi here is my collection of dvd,blu-ray hd-dvd and games collection.

dvdcol6.jpg

Messiah

I use to have a few hundred DVDs but I just didn't watch them so I sold most of them......

CDs are a bit different as these will all be burnt to the computer and the actual discs will be stored away.

nads

an old pic. about 50 CD short and some movies shy as well. I have archived most of the DVDs just not removed them yet. as i need more room for the CDs what with all the CD sales i keep finding.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Surely it is more about the quality of the movies you have over the amount?
emotion-40.gif

I suppose I have around 1500 DVDs from all around the world and say 30 or so BDs as most of the stuff I have/want is very doubtfull to ever see the light of day in HD especially seeing as there are still loads of movies I have on VHS that are still to surface on DVD.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Amyl Right Mate:

I've got a grand total of 13 DVD's(!) Most of them are TV series.

For some reason I'm just not really into films.

I have about that many. Peppa Pig etc. Although I have just bought a few Attenborough box sets to replace some I lost in a fire.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Sorry andrew im still new to these forums.to some replys.i am not boasting,and yes all the dvds ect i have watched most of the,But you do seem to get the bug when you have a good surround sound system,and love sacds as well.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
lol i have not counted them for a while,but i do know that i have about 200+ blu-ray films,160 hddvd titles(these are very cheap now and i still love that format) if i get chance later i will count dvds and games(very busy at work at the moment just had a big re-fit at store)

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I have a few hundred, quite a few limited edition one's from USA and Asia etc, with some titles on Criterion Collection. But I can't say that I watch most, or even a fracture of them. I rent more now, so If i really lie the film I will buy it. I have about 12 blurays, 5 of them were free!!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man:quite a few limited edition one's from USA and Asia etc, with some titles on Criterion Collection.

I have many titles from Criterion including the rareist of the all in their edition of Sal'o which was pulled almost imeadiatly after going on sale due to issues over the rights of the movie.

Other fav Criterion discs are Silence of the Lambs (PQ is average but superb comentary only ever on this disc) Flesh for Frankenstein, Blood for Dracula and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've about 2200 DVD's in my collection with another 10 to arrive tomorrow hopefully (Watchmen, Rick Stein, Underworld Trilogy, Animal House (John Belushi classic) and some Ray Mears DVD's)

Also got 300+ CD's but I'm going to go through them all (inc DVD's)next week and have a solid clear out.

TBH I'm sick of the romm they take up and believe it or not; a lot of the DVD's are boxed up in the loft!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ive got about 700-800 dvds and about 30 blu-rays, to be honest i still find blu-rays too expensive and tend to pick dvds up from car bootsales for less than a pound. The only trouble is you end up buying more than you can watch, i look to buy anything apart from chick flicks. I prefer Sci-fi and recently more horror, but the problem is most of the stuff im after is region 1, or only available on Vhs which is annoying. Just discovered Full Moon classics mostly horror a few sci-fi like classics vol 1,2, very unlikely to ever see blu-ray, and some titles hard to get and fetching stupid money, Jackie Chan films i love and recently realised i had over 70 films and there's still more i haven't seen. Any one else into sci-fi and horror would like to know what your collecting.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:I've about 2200 DVD's in my collection with another 10 to arrive tomorrow hopefully (Watchmen, Rick Stein, Underworld Trilogy, Animal House (John Belushi classic) and some Ray Mears DVD's)

Also got 300+ CD's but I'm going to go through them all (inc DVD's)next week and have a solid clear out.

TBH I'm sick of the romm they take up and believe it or not; a lot of the DVD's are boxed up in the loft!

Dan

I use CD wallets for all my CD's and DVD's. The cases are then stored in boxes in the loft. Takes up a lot less space. 1500+ CD's would take up a lot of wall space otherwise!!!!

Jay

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
How many times can you watch a movie? Twice maybe over a period of about 10 years. And even then only if it's really good.

ÿ

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
At present I have around 50 Dvd"s and 20 Blu-rays,having had a good clear out a month ago. Most of the dvd"s are Disney/Pixar for when our grand children visit. the blu-rays are all ones that we would like to watch at least one more time. Otherwise we rent.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
RodhasGibson:At present I have around 50 Dvd"s and 20 Blu-rays,having had a good clear out a month ago. Most of the dvd"s are Disney/Pixar for when our grand children visit. the blu-rays are all ones that we would like to watch at least one more time. Otherwise we rent.

Agreed. My DVDs are kids or Attenboroughs.

ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:How many times can you watch a movie? Twice maybe over a period of about 10 years. And even then only if it's really good.

I'll have watched Watchmen twice over a space of two weeks when my friends come over to see it next week...

TRENDING THREADS