how big does the panasonic th46pz81 tv look

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
hi every one i'm receiving the panasonic 46 inch pz81 next week and i would like to no how owners of this tv or other panasonics feel about the size of this screen in comparison with a 42 inch does it look cinematic in size and scale? I ordered a 50 inch samsung 50b551 but due to having to wait so long for delivery i decided to cancel on that and go for the panny. I no its not a 50 inch but is it still imposing and i say that as a good thing, i live in a studio flat which is quite long and roomy so i do have good distance away from the screen. The other reason was that i got the panasonic for £999 with a free 5 year warranty which makes all the difference in these turbulant times. Any body with a screen of this size's opinion would be greatly apprieciated thanks.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
sometimes I cant tell if I am looking at a 46 or 50 inch tv...52 inch lcds seem a lot bigger than a 50 plasma...just crazy me

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Depends which angle you look at the tv, i've noticed that from certain angles it looks considerably smaller, also it will seem quite large when you first get but give it several months & you will have got used to the size & it will seem smaller, i am very happy with mine though, but i often wonder weather i should have gone for a 50".

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
My chair is about 6ft away from the tv, so at the time of purchase i decided that a 46" would be big enough, the only reason i didn't go for the 50" is because i thought the 46" would be fine, i think you should go to a shop & stand about the same difference from were you sit & decide for yourself. It's plenty big enough for movies with black bars top & bottom, to me it's an optical illusion because the tv allways feels wider.

I am very happy with this tv, but my next one in ten years time will definatly be larger.

A

Anonymous

I have a TH50PZ81 Freesat Panny and my living room is approx 12 1/2 x 14 in size and the TV looks just right. When I first had it installed it looked massive in comparison to my old Phillips 32" CRT but after only a day it looked just about right, 5 months on I'm thinking I could get away with a bigger one... not that I will mind!

If you have a v big room go for the biggest you can get away with, I'm glad I didn't get the 42" model as I had originally planned

HTH?

Baz

A

Anonymous

slewis:My chair is about 6ft away from the tv, so at the time of purchase i decided that a 46" would be big enough, the only reason i didn't go for the 50" is because i thought the 46" would be fine, i think you should go to a shop & stand about the same difference from were you sit & decide for yourself. It's plenty big enough for movies with black bars top & bottom, to me it's an optical illusion because the tv allways feels wider.

I am very happy with this tv, but my next one in ten years time will definatly be larger.

That's assuming your eyesight can withstand being so close to a 46" tv lol

A

Anonymous

"My chair is about 6ft away from the tv, so at the time of purchase i decided that a 46" would be big enough."

Slewis,

Iïm looking to buy a plasma shortly and originally looked at the pioneer 5090 but Iïm leaning towards a 42" v10 panasonic (depending on whf review), partly because of the pioneerïs cost, but also because I thought 50" would be too big at my 8-9 ft maximum viewing distance. You sit 6ft away from a 46", isnït standard definition content like freeview and dvd depressingly bad at that distance? (piexelation, artefacts etc)

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
hmtb:
"My chair is about 6ft away from the tv, so at the time of purchase i decided that a 46" would be big enough."

Slewis,

Iïm looking to buy a plasma shortly and originally looked at the pioneer 5090 but Iïm leaning towards a 42" v10 panasonic (depending on whf review), partly because of the pioneerïs cost, but also because I thought 50" would be too big at my 8-9 ft maximum viewing distance. You sit 6ft away from a 46", isnït standard definition content like freeview and dvd depressingly bad at that distance? (piexelation, artefacts etc)

No not at all, not on my tv anyway, it's a bit blurry at times but thats to be expected, i reckon i could have got away with a 50" if i wanted.

EDIT. Sometimes i watch tv sitting only one or two feet away & the pictures fine.

RTL

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Just took delivery of mine today and it seems huge in comparison to 28" CRT, but no doubt will grow into it quickly (like moving from 21" CRT to 28!).

General question to th46pz81 owners - my old panny CRT had Dolby built in and I had 2 rear/wall speakers and a centre speaker in the cabinet. I've connected the rear/wall speakers to the new TV, but hardly any sound output, so do I need to go down external surrond sound route, or is there a fix? If not, any suggestions for a not too expensive system?

Thanks

Richard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts