House party speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
With two stereo amps, one at the front running speakers normally how do i wire the speakers at the rear, in or out of phase? Or maybe at an angle?

Thanks in advance.

T

the record spot

It's the chap who's trying to get club level volume from domestic gear and this presumably relates to wiring up the speakers in some front/rear configuration, but like you Prof, I'm not clear on where this one's headed. Think the pro-audio suggestion was the way to go for a mixer and hefty power amp a while back, but that's not on the agenda it seems.

A

Anonymous

professorhat said:
Don't really understand this question - what are you trying to achieve?

I admit to knowing little about phase and want to know how to wire speakers directly opposing those at the front so that the music is not cancelled at the front. Would it work better in or out of phase.

A

Anonymous

the_record_spot said:
It's the chap who's trying to get club level volume from domestic gear and this presumably relates to wiring up the speakers in some front/rear configuration, but like you Prof, I'm not clear on where this one's headed. Think the pro-audio suggestion was the way to go for a mixer and hefty power amp a while back, but that's not on the agenda it seems.

I don't need pro audio to achieve massive spl's in the room due to the nature of the room acoustics. Its an underground room with low ceilings with nothing in it but solid stone walls (corner mounted speakers) and people in it. Everyone whos been in it has been amazed by both the clarity of the audio and the bass response and many people have commented that it sounds better than any club they've been in. Ive solved the excursion problems of the valdus with a behringer suberxcrossover set to 50hz. This in turn has solved the overheating of the arcam and with the sub the bass goes (possibly subjectivly) deeper than any pa speakers I've heard and there's no screechy pa compression driver on the high end.

Perhaps another way to think about this question is where is best to put 4 speakers (two big two small) around the room. I would presume the four corners would be best but I would guess that The audio waves would cancel each other out if they are facing each other and all in phase? Please stop advising me to get pro audio it is not needed/wanted.

A

Anonymous

I can't see how wiring speakers out of phase, wherever they are placed, will make an improvement.

Anyway it is so quick and easy to reverse the polarity of speaker cables, why not have a play and report back.

T

the record spot

running123 said:
the_record_spot said:

I don't need pro audio to achieve massive spl's in the room due to the nature of the room acoustics. Its an underground room with low ceilings with nothing in it but solid stone walls (corner mounted speakers) and people in it. Everyone whos been in it has been amazed by both the clarity of the audio and the bass response and many people have commented that it sounds better than any club they've been in. Ive solved the excursion problems of the valdus with a behringer suberxcrossover set to 50hz. This in turn has solved the overheating of the arcam and with the sub the bass goes (possibly subjectivly) deeper than any pa speakers I've heard and there's no screechy pa compression driver on the high end.

Perhaps another way to think about this question is where is best to put 4 speakers (two big two small) around the room. I would presume the four corners would be best but I would guess that The audio waves would cancel each other out if they are facing each other and all in phase? Please stop advising me to get pro audio it is not needed/wanted.

Fine by me mate, but you're the one who's been asking what's effectively the same question with minor differences for the last month or so. Get a suitable amp, don't let it clip, the advice doesn't change whether it's pro-audio or domestic kit, maybe except for not letting anyone stand on it. But you could've had this done and dusted by now in reality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts