Home Cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Bose Lifestyle sytstem which works quite well. However, it has no HDMI sockets and only one optical input. Since I currently have Sky HD, a PS3 and Apple TV, I am having to use splitters and the whole thing is untidy.

I am considering replacing it with perhaps a Denon or Sony and have a budget of about £600. Could you tell me what you would recommend? Also, could I keep my existing Bose speakers and just change the Sub Woofer and if so what Sub would be compatible?

Many thanks.

Dan

A

Anonymous

Tricky.

The Bose "all in one" systems rely on significant "tweaking" in the amplifier to make the $5 speakers sound somewhat decent. Changing to a regular receiver might very possibly cause your speakers to sound, well rather awful.

A

Anonymous

I would sell the Bose Lifestyle System (which incidentally, still
fetches a good price on E-Bay) and start fresh down the separates route.
A mix and match with the Bose would only prove disasterous. Also, you would lose synergy and cohesion.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Your Bose speaker system can't be split up and bits substituted.

There's one really easy solution to this, assuming your happy with the sound your system. The Bose VS2 scaler is a video switcher (whi now comes as standard with 28, 38 and 48 systems) which allows multiple HDMI inputs, as well as other connections like component, composite and s-video (4 in all I think), and switches between them, sending any signal out via a single HDMI to your LCD/plasma. This little box, which is less than £200, also upscales non HD sources to 1080p.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts