home cinema system set up - help needed

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
I have recently purchased my first home cinema system set up wich includes :-

Philips 47PLF9664

Panasonic SC-BT205 (blu ray all in one cinema)

Everything is set up and watching blu ray's via hdmi.

However, I bought an digital audio out cable - i do not believe my tv has this function available as I cannot find it on the back of the tv.

Currently the sound and vision is via HDMI only.

Is there a digital out put cable I should buy to improve the sound quality ? If so which cable is required ?

daveh75

chrisku:
I have recently purchased my first home cinema system set up wich includes :-

Philips 47PLF9664

Panasonic SC-BT205 (blu ray all in one cinema)

Everything is set up and watching blu ray's via hdmi.

However, I bought an digital audio out cable - i do not believe my tv has this function available as I cannot find it on the back of the tv.

Currently the sound and vision is via HDMI only.

Is there a digital out put cable I should buy to improve the sound quality ? If so which cable is required ?

What kind of 'digital audio out cable' have you bought? Optical or coaxial?

According to the Philips 9664's manual the TV has an digital coaxial output as well as stereo RCA outputs.

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Opitcal out lead. However, on the back of the tv I cannot find anywhere the right connection and also the lead I have bought will not fit into any of the connections on the back of the tv. Fits perfectly into the back of the blu ray player though

So at the moment the panasonic system is working through hdmi and the normal wires for the system. I have got surround sound working but was advised to purchase a digital optical audio cable but cannot see where this will connect / work.

Sorry for sounding thick but this is the first time i have ever bought / set up anything like this

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
you say you have an all in the blu ray and amp should have an optical, then all u want is the tv to pick the video side of things up so a hdmi from the blu ray or amp to tv is fine. you may to go into some options to select audio optical and video hdmi.

sky hd take the hdmi to the tv and a optical to the all in one amp (im guessing there is a sat)

tv sound(ie built in free view) just take either a coax or a set of rca's(white and red) to the (aux or tv) of the all in one.

i might not have been of help to you but im sure someone with better know how we comment

daveh75

You need a digital coaxial cable, not an optical cable, and then only if you want sound from the TV's internal tuner to playback through the surround sound system rather than the TV speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts