Home Cinema System Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Am looking to purchase a Home Cinema system...................as ever, on a budget!!!

My criteria (other than as cheap as possible) is:

Blu-ray

iPod/iPhone Dock

Connectable to my projector - TV - iMac

Wireless speakers helpful but not essential

Medium power rating as room is small but don't want to have to upgrade when move.

Have looked around at reviews and LG seems to be a good bet but want to get some honest advice.

Thanks

Regards

James

A

Anonymous

I have just purchased a Samsung 5.1 Blu-ray home cinema system, model HT E4500 & a Samsung HD TV model UE32EH5000.

I can get sound through all speakers when using DVD CD and radio channels. However I get no sound through the speakers when viewing the TV. I have made all the connections as per the manual.

Anybody have any solutions?

Tonestar1

TommyW said:
I have just purchased a Samsung 5.1 Blu-ray home cinema system, model HT E4500 & a Samsung HD TV model UE32EH5000.

I can get sound through all speakers when using DVD CD and radio channels. However I get no sound through the speakers when viewing the TV. I have made all the connections as per the manual.

Hi Tommy,

Unfortunately I don't think your TV's HDMI ports support ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows the tv to send sound back down the HDMI to the Blu ray system. I'm not 100% though so worth checking.

Best solution for you is to buy an optical lead to connect between the TV and blu ray to send the sound from the TV back to the blu ray player. You should be able to pick one up for around a tenner on Amazon.

Cheers

EDIT

If you use Sky or Virgin it may be more convienient to run the optical cable from that to the blu ray which would also work.

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1 said:
TommyW said:

Hi Tommy,

Unfortunately I don't think your TV's HDMI ports support ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows the tv to send sound back down the HDMI to the Blu ray system. I'm not 100% though so worth checking.

Best solution for you is to buy an optical lead to connect between the TV and blu ray to send the sound from the TV back to the blu ray player. You should be able to pick one up for around a tenner on Amazon.

Cheers

EDIT

If you use Sky or Virgin it may be more convienient to run the optical cable from that to the blu ray which would also work.

Many thanks. Works perfectly now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts