Home cinema racks?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it just or are most manufactures of AV racks a tad silly? ive been scouring the www in search of a new bigger better rack to accomadate my ever growing pile of AV goodies but the stumbleing point is always the same! The cabinets are always too shallow they inevitably are 400-450mm deep??? My last few av amps simply dont fit. My current amp is 420mm deep this leaves 30mm to accomadate cables bannana plugs ect ect.......What are they thinking of?????????

A

Anonymous

I agree, a bit of communication or just research between both parties, meaning the amp makers and the av rack makers, would help. I see you have the onkyo 875 is that not nearer 460mm rather than your stated 420mm.?

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
It's even worse if your looking for a combined TV stand with space for your receiver. I went for a separate rack in the end for my Onkyo 876 got a Equinox XL Pro SE

A

Anonymous

420 was from memory! oop's........But it is annoying, even the dedicated rack makers like alphason arnt getting this simple thing right! The AV cabinet im using now has the back cut with the rear end of my 875 sticking out.

A

Anonymous

Couldnt agree more. Finding a rack for my stuff was the most annoying part of it all. I think the bespoke way is the only way to go to get something perfect. I ended up having to get a tv stand for teh TV and centre speaker and an atacama equinox rack for all my gear.

A

Anonymous

I got this from Costco and it solved my av rack problem.

NB. This is not my house.

A

Anonymous

Does that fit a 50" screen? This could be the answer to my prayers! I'm looking for a rack with a bracket for the TV which has 3 shelves. Could you put a centre speaker ont hat top shelf? It doesn't look as though it could take all the weight

Or is that a stand at the back holding the TV up and it's not connected to the rack??

A

Anonymous

Acciesboy:
Does that fit a 50" screen? This could be the answer to my prayers! I'm looking for a rack with a bracket for the TV which has 3 shelves. Could you put a centre speaker ont hat top shelf? It doesn't look as though it could take all the weight

Or is that a stand at the back holding the TV up and it's not connected to the rack??

I quite liked the look of that rack too but it was difficult to find and doesn't appear on the current Costco Website.

It may be an old discontinued model but I'm not sure.

Anyway here's what I found...

http://www.whalenfurniture.com/products/avc552-8vs.html

The Costco Item No. was 737552.

I also found this old thread on a canadian forum about it which may or may not help...

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402464

Hope this helps you :)

A

Anonymous

I suppose i should have stated in my original post it was generally eclosed cabinet style racks i was having a grumble about! most decent sized av amp just dont fit in without having to cut the back out!

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
The single most frustrating rack issue for me is the lack of consideration for centre-speaker owners!

In many cases the amp and possibly two sources (say Blue-ray and cable box) will fit on a bottom shelf in a non-ideal configuration. The remaining sources such as ps3 or xbox360, timeshifter etc get the second shelf.

If the TV goes on top where does my chunky centre-speaker end up? On its end on the floor it would seem.

Of course I'm assuming here we all have the latest kit that can play all formats, or that none are of the high-end extra-tall variety like the majority of £300+ Blue-Ray players.

Is it not reasonble to assume those of us in the market for a well-priced AV-rack might actually have an AV-amp? Maybe those AV-amp owners might at-a-stretch have a centre-speaker too ......

My appologies for the rant but finding a quality rack for all my kit has been vexing me for quite sometime. I guess my CC6 S2 will remain floor-bound for sometime to come! :)

A

Anonymous

Acciesboy:

Hi. You call this a cantilever tv stand. Yes. It will fit a 50 inch screen as what I did to mine. Yes. The centre speaker fits perfectly on top of the shelf.

IMG_5849.jpg

Picture resized by Mods - 400 pixels max wide, please

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the pic!

I'd prefer it in silver metal rather than wood, but apart from that it looks great! But to get the right shape with the right number of shelves is more important than the colour. I think a trip to Costco might be in order. My Centre Speaker is slightly smaller than yours, so yeah that looks as though it would work just fine.

How is the TV for height? That's the one thing I wondered about...if you have the extra shelf does it put it too high and that's the reason they're normally only 2 shelves?

A

Anonymous

AndyWright:

How much is that stand?

Nice house btw
Believe it or not but it only costs £139 including vat. Unfortunately, I think this item is only seasonal. The last time I went back to Costco in Reading it wasn't there anymore. Perhaps people began panic buying. It is really a gem of an av rack. Thanks for the complement regarding my house. This time, it is really my house.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Acciesboy:

Thanks for the pic!

I'd prefer it in silver metal rather than wood, but apart from that it looks great! But to get the right shape with the right number of shelves is more important than the colour. I think a trip to Costco might be in order. My Centre Speaker is slightly smaller than yours, so yeah that looks as though it would work just fine.

How is the TV for height? That's the one thing I wondered about...if you have the extra shelf does it put it too high and that's the reason they're normally only 2 shelves?
The height of the tv is about 5 feet from the top. I have about 6 meters viewing distance so I reckon it is a perfect height.

A

Anonymous

Acciesboy:Just noticed the screen on the ceiling...nice!Thank you for your comment regarding my projector screen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts