Home Cinema Novice Needs Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to purchase my first home cinema system. I've listened to a few different set-ups, read numerous reviews and my head's starting to spin! I was looking at the Samsung LE40C650 tv combined with the Denon AVR 1911, Monitor Audio R90 HD10's and a Sony BDP370 Blue Ray player. I will also be connecting a Lacie Lacinema hard drive. I also want to play music through the amp and plan to run a pair of speakers into a second room. I have a budget of around £250.00 max for the speakers. I've also looked at the Sony KDL-40HX703 tv, which while very impressive, has disappointed me with it's chunkiness as it will be wall mounted. I'm not interested in 3D. Am i making the right choice for my budget, or can you recommend better?

scene

Firstly: welcome to the forums!
emotion-1.gif

OK, you say you're not interested in 3D. Why then are you getting a AVR1911? Why not go for the excellent AVR1910 which can be had for some £125 less than a 1911? Or, if you shop around, you might still be able to find the even better AVR2310 at the same price as a 1911? If you go for the former, that would give you another £125 to spend on the speakers.

On the TV front, the Samsung is a good screen, if you don't like the Sony (which is only 20% deeper (2cm) than the Sammy)

The Sony BDP-S370 is an excellent Blu-ray player at a bargain price

As for the £250 on the stereo pair, I would get a demo of the Monitor Audio BX2s - which will match in tonally with the R90 set and are excellent speakers, which aren't fussy about where you put them (which is nice). You might want to consider the Arcaydis DM1s, but these are only available online, so no demo possibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts