Home cinema in small room....

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I've finally finished clearing out the room that was formerly my study, and want now to think of how to turn it into the mega boys-toys room I always wanted it to be. Never having paid much regard to home cinema, i'd like some advice on where to start looking. The room is fairly small.... 8 foot wide and 11 foot long. So once i've stuck a sofa in at one end, I guess the viewing distance will be around 10 foot.

While I'm fairly ok about choosing my own telly, I need some guidance as to what a suitable sound rig would be. is 5.1 overkill in a room of that dimensions? What speaker sets are appropriate for small room dimensions, and what receivers would you recommend to drive these? Price-wise.... hmmm maybe about £6k for everything. telly and sofa included. so lets say £4.5k for the receiver & speakers....although spending less would be great!

cheers.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You will be fine with a room that size. Are you going to listen to music or is it just movies? With your budget I would opt for Dali Motif's speakers all round with a Sunfire HRS8 ( a very small and capable subwoofer ). This will leave you enough for an amp - Yamaha RXV3900 or Pioneer SC-LX81 and some cables.

Nick

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Nick I will be listening to music.... but it won't be my primary concern as I have a 2-channel system in the living room that I will use most of the time for that purpose. the study will be used for music purposes when the wife has her annoying friends (they're not that bad) around and I wish to seek shelter!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts